You can type here any text you want

LS1 front brakes and GTA wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stickybones

What?
Has anyone else who has done the LS1 front brake upgrade run into a fitment problem with GTA wheels? All the threads I've read said the GTAs would clear the LS1 brakes without a problem. Mine don't. See picture. There's plenty of room on the ID of the wheel to clear the caliper, but the mesh center of the GTAs rubs the face of the caliber. It needs a 1/4" spacer to clear. I don't recall anyone mentioning this.

Mike

Attachments

• LS1 rub.jpg
    LS1 rub.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 262
Mine are close, but did not require spacers. I have the GTA wheels with the dimple, yours do not, maybe there is a difference. My sons car has the American Racing wheels from Kirban & they have more clearance than mine.

As Texas T says, you have the early style GTA's. The later ones may have more clearance.

Mine rubbed after. I had a machine shop turn the inside of the wheel just enough to clear. I have had no issues nor concerns with this. I'm sure some people will think I'm crazy. And would do again.

Well in the end I had no choice but to run spacers. I got a pair of 5mm universal ones from a local speed shop. Here's a shot of one of them. I held it centered with a few dabs of silicone adhesive. Next I'll probably have a properly sized custom pair made.

BTW, these brakes are awesome compared to the stockers.

Attachments

• spacer.jpg
    spacer.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 180
Back