You can type here any text you want

LT1 Camaro....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scottyb

Spongebob Squarecar
I'm on my way home from a cruise-in Saturday and I come across one of the punks that used to work for me as a busboy 2 years ago. We pull over and chit-chat for a few, he was gawking at my car since I always talked about getting one one day. Anyhoo, he now has a mid-90's Camaro with an auto and, according to him, $4000.00 in the motor. After a while, I said lets go. We didn't get a standing start, but this was good for me: He was stopped at a light that I was rolling up to as it goes green, I hold steady until he matches my speed (still in first), then I punch it (basically giving him a BIG jump). I matched his speed before his 1-2 shift (barked hard), then SAILED away!

Poor boy. He should have bought that TTA for 9 grand that was in the trader 2 years ago. :D

No surprise, LT1s are not nearly as fast as some other options, even with a considerable amount of money dumped in the motor. They essentially have no top end. Of course, there are serious builders who can make them fast, but this wasn't one of them.

Good kill!

Either he has a piss poor mechanic or he's lying (probably lying).
An LT1 with 4g's in it better be running high 11's. Stock they ran the same as a TR

Either way good kill. Its fun to whoop on youngins

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Either he has a piss poor mechanic or he's lying (probably lying).
I don't dought it. when he worked for me, he had a mid 80's TA with a TB 305 that he thought was the bomb. I always threatened that I could smoke him with my VW GLI 16V, and I probably could!

Must have had $4000 in chrome pieces... It is not that hard to get an LT-1 in the 12s at least...

Back