LT1 MAF too big for stock intake hose?

87GNPEI

I have a translator ordered and I'm looking for a MAF in the meantime then lt1 sensor I found measures 3.5 inches outside diameter I thought they were 3? And I'm sure it's an lT1 MAF, I measured a 3.4 grand am MAF and it is 3" outer diameter does anyone know If I can use this just trying to save my stock intake hose I can get either MAF for free

image.jpg
image.jpg

If you want to use all of your existing pluming from the Stock MAF, use the little one. It's a tight fit, but it will work. The larger MAF will require reducers and a short piece of 3" pipe to work.

Ok just curious why the LT1 MAF measures 3.5 and everyone on hear said it would measure 3.25, and the grand am MAF is the right measurement?

Ok just curious why the LT1 MAF measures 3.5 and everyone on hear said it would measure 3.25, and the grand am MAF is the right measurement?
The part# you want is 25180303. The larger ones 25179711 (3.5") I think were for the LS motors.

I searched the MAF for the grand am and the part number is the first one you gave me so grand am MAF it is! Alot more common around here than an LT1

I just posted this to another member​
This should work for the stock flex-hose & less than $3.00 to boot:
& will still be good if/when you get a hard-pipe...
(I'm using a 3" hard pipe w/ an 85mm MAF ,but it should work)
I went to Home Depot & found this:
its a 3" to 3.5" coupler
Found it in the air duct section, (not plumbing!)

part # IRB43 ($2.50ish)

its light & thin, but sturdy enough

Here it is installed;
I just shot it black, trimmed the notch to align the MAF
& glued it (rtv) to the MAF
works like a charm & cheap to boot!

You could just work flex hose over coupling & hose clamp the small end.

Do_O