lt1 motor + 160#inj. ?

One thing you may try is go to the fuel calculation parameters and lower the injector flow rate from 160 to 145 and try it.I have had luck keeping better control of the 160s by doing this

Also change you closed loop gains to 1500 and 1300 and try to tune the lower numbers without being in closed loop,

and you may even play with the timing numbers at idle,Try lowering them.Ive found some cars dont like more the 25* for a good idle,But your a/f will change a bit when you change the timing so you may have to adjust the V/E table also
Ill can pm you my number and you can call me if you would like

thanks KL,
i'll give those ideas a try. i was looking at a program from a NMRA turbo car and his inj. open time was set to .2 . but from what i gather your are saying this number really isn't the one to be playing with. is that that right?
also your saying that even though i have 160's in there i can tell it 145 and they will react as such?

It tricks the ecm into thinking hte injectors are smaller,You will need to tune around that, but it will give better control,
Its not oftern i change inj. opening time,But you can try to play with it.I have heard people going to .5 with it ,but i have not had to make any changes with it so far with any tune ive done

along with idle and starting problems i notice a lot of surging just off idle (2,000 rpm) what is the best way to control this?
thanks

you need to watch the a/f ratio at that point and see what it is doing,Make sure the numbers are somewhat in the same ballpark,Same with the timing,If you have one box that is different in that particular area and it runs between those boxes it will fluctuate.

Do a datalog while it is surging,hold it there af ew seconds and send me the datalog