LT1 starter?

This is the one I put on mine as the wires worked out a lot better than the LT4 and LT1 , plus this one clocks many positions for headers and such and weights only 7lbs,
$(KGrHqFHJBkFBRkuV0(lBRu38BQURw~~60_57.jpg

Nice starter but what if it goes out then you have to order another since local parts stores wont have a replacement like that and you'd be s.o.l.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Auto zone lifetime warranty. IIRC its a 97 Vette the core was 40ish bucks which put the the total after core like 117 bucks. I just returned a old GN starter for the core. The bolts can be found in the help section if you want new. The part numbers are in the pic.

Eyelet on factory solenoid wire needs a few thou...i just went one size up above what drill bit fit out of my index..... to fit the new solenoid and the tab on the pos wire needs to be removed.

Attachments

• lt4.jpg
    lt4.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 280
I Installed the LT4 corvette mini starter.
Here is a clip of the sound. (disregard the bad alternator bearing.. I fixed it later that week)

These starters are gear reduction so I'm wondering if they sound anything like the Mopar starters when cranking over...:happy:

I have a hitachi built lt4 starter. Only reason I went with it was because I couldn't find anymore lt1 starters in the junkyards lol

Here is a clip of the sound. (disregard the bad alternator bearing.. I fixed it later that week)

Thank you! That sounds awesome!! Now I'm hoping my starter goes out soon so I have a reason to buy the LT4 Starter. ;)

Cool, I didn't read your post until now so I didn't know that your video had the starter sound in there.
Your car starts up much faster than the mopars do! (y)

I think I will give this starter a try. However, I must be honest, the low price make me nervous. It seems very compatible to the LT4 starter I was about to purchase but that starter is pretty expensive. Oh well, I hope this is not a case of "you get what you pay for" but for the savings I'm willing to give it a try! If anyone else have any experience with this starter inbox me or post and share. Thanks!

I think I will give this starter a try. However, I must be honest, the low price make me nervous. It seems very compatible to the LT4 starter I was about to purchase but that starter is pretty expensive. Oh well, I hope this is not a case of "you get what you pay for" but for the savings I'm willing to give it a try! If anyone else have any experience with this starter inbox me or post and share. Thanks!
It's the same starter that Kirbans and the former owner of TBs.com sells. It's a PMG unit and unless you drop it it should last for quite some time.;)

The dbeletrical one works w ta headers?

I just finished a new motor install with TA street headers and the DB starter it fits fine more room less weight. I used the factory heat shield with the TA headers.
Don't know about the race headers but since the unit is smaller it should be fine.

Ive had the LT4 starter on my GN for a few years. Works great. Cant beat the price if you get one from a parts store w/ a warranty (like I did). Smaller and lighter than the regular LT1 starter. Its only weighs about 9 pounds or so. Sounds cool when it engages and starts the car quickly. I bought new bolts from GM for a '96 GS Vette, some people say you can use the stock ones. But thats just me. They were only $10 or so at the time.

Only problem I had with mine was that the stock wiring was/is very tight. Had to pull on it to get it hooked up. Just be gentle if you have to and you should be okay. Again, it may have just been my car, or how my harness is ran (it has been apart a few times..). It clears the stock headers no problem, and creates some room between it and the crossover. Not sure how it will work with the TA headers, I guess I'll find out in the spring.

Would u happen to have a P/N for the LT4 starter bolts? And where you purchased them from? Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app