Lucas Oil additive

zam70

->ROGUE
What's everyone think of this stuff? The test look good and I tried some in my TR...definately helped and the oil was "clingyer"...my cold start rattle is ALOT shorter now and valve train noise is reduced.

Just interested on others thoughts, good or bad.

I like it too. Use it in our everyday drivers and like it..
I use pure one oil filters in mt GN so the start up rattle is non existant:)

I believe all such additives are gimmicks :)

If you have start up clatter, you have the wrong filter, a bad filter, or something else..

well I'm a trucker and own my own truck and do mechanical repairs , so I know this stuff first hand.

AND I"LL TELL YOU LIKE IT IS. " LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS WORK !!"
I'VE GOT A MILLION MILE MOTOR TO PROVE IT TOO.

and yes I use it in my TR, even use the fuel treatment in my TR and and I can HEAR, see and feel the diference when I don't use it. IT'S ONLY MONEY . SPENT IT NOW OR SPEND A LOT MORE LATER , headgaskets are another story..

The problem is that no objective test ever shows any benefit from these things. On the other hand, If it is unlike Slick-50, and does not gum up anything, you are probably right, it is only money and if you feel better, why not? :)

I see they make a 20-50 race oil as well...

if this is the oil stabilizer-is there any difference between this and a bottle of $2.00 stp oil treatment? seems like it does the same thing

Well, I like the lucas stuff. seems to do the trick for me. It doesn't really thicken the oil, just seems to make it hold on better, less run off.

STP and the lucas stuff is alot different, at least in what they do.

The lucas is really thick when pouring (squeezing) out of the bottle...it's 100% petrolium based but is "gel" like. Interesting stuff. I just thought I'd give it a try ($6.00) and I'm glad I did.

Steve
As far as additives being gimmicks, I don't think all of them are. I've tried different products over the years and some have worked, some have not. As far as needing scientific proof...I don't always buy into science...kinda like engineers, It all makes sence on paper but the real world is what I believe in.

I don't think the lucas product is necessary, but I do think it helps.

Either way, thanks for all the input.

:) I do lots of things because I think they work and not based on science....it's just that I have seen too many oil gimmicks...Thickness scares me...reminds me of the old Motor Honey..I bought a few cans of that long ago.. :D

I was interested in their race oil altho I had never heard of it before....

What the heck I'll try some of that Lucas stuff. Where can I get it?

I got it at Advanced auto parts, I've seen it alot of other places to. If you see their demo display, try it out. If it's accurate, it's definatly worth using.

lucas trans fix

i tryed their trans slip lube for a slight slip in drive-didnt help at all

1,000,000 motors

Originally posted by SVTR1

I'VE GOT A MILLION MILE MOTOR TO PROVE IT TOO.

Well, on a big diesel, they're designed to make it to that milestone, Lucas Products or not. A developement engineer from Cummins spent a few days with our thermo class earlier this semester, and it was interesting to talk to him. Cummins provides powerplants to a few different heavy truck manufactureres, and 1,000,000 on a big diesel is considered about an "average life" according to him.