You can type here any text you want

M&A Intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's what mine looks like.

Attachments

• M%26A-1.jpg
    M%26A-1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 223
  • M%26A-10.jpg
    M%26A-10.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 215
  • M%26A-2.jpg
    M%26A-2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 195
  • M%26A-4.jpg
    M%26A-4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 181
  • M%26A-8.jpg
    M%26A-8.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 231
49-blues said:
Anyone still sells these?

New?, I haven't seen a new one offered for sale in years, heck I think the one I bought was the last one I've seen advertised, which was years ago.

bruce said:
New?, I haven't seen a new one offered for sale in years, heck I think the one I bought was the last one I've seen advertised, which was years ago.

Bruce is this particular intake for the 3.8 or 4.1? Just that I never seen it before. Cool Intake!!! :rolleyes:

What would be a fair price for one of these now? Is there any performance advantages of this intake over say a champion or BGC intake? I would like one new, reconditioned or any otherway to match my M&A valve covers.

The intake is for the 3.8. The intake is made by Weiland for M&A if I'm not mistaken (I'd have to look at mine to refresh my memory). They came with removable runners, both long and short. The box theory was designed to promote equal distribution of air. Unfortunately the design of the long runners (which I have x2) is a bit weird. At WOT, the air rushing through the TB enters the box, but hits the first runner wall. The runners should have been shorter in my opinion, so that air doesn't hit a wall at first entry into the box.

I have two of them now and as stated they are very difficult to find. I've had one for 2 years and bought the other about 9 months ago. I've been jonesing to get them on the T and project datsun for forever and needed some pics to get me motivated.

If you can find them for about $600, you've done good.

BTW - Thanks Bruce for the motivation. Nice pics.

Tyson

49-blues said:
Anyone still sells these?

Check with TA Performance, they have some of these intakes and the tooling to make more. 480-922-6807

TYRFRYR said:
The box theory was designed to promote equal distribution of air. Unfortunately the design of the long runners (which I have x2) is a bit weird.
The runners should have been shorter in my opinion, so that air doesn't hit a wall at first entry into the box.

I have a stock manifold that I had welded up, and gutted so as to try the big box theory (actually there's more to then that, IMO). And yes, it did work, ie I had to add ~8% more fuel to maintain the same AFR. And it took a fair bit of work to get the Accleration Enrichments correct.

When I get the bigger motor in, is when I'm planning to use the M+A, and the runners will be much shorter (for openers).

$600 would be a steal, IMO. I had to haggle and hunt for long time, to get mine, and wound up paying $1,100.

I have a friend with one he might sell...... drop me a PM or email.

Bob

Jason,

I'll see what I can do as far as flowing them. The biggest issue with the intake as I see it were the poor mounting tabs made of aluminum. They often broke. I am having both of my intakes repaired for this problem. When finished, they will go to Don Redmon at Replika Maschinen for mild port and flow work. He will also be doing my heads and cam selection. I will have him flow them on his home made bench. It is one of the largest home made benches in use and dead nuts accurate.

http://www.replikamaschinen.com/04_hist/index_02.html

Tyson

Back