MA Insurance Coverage Question

Tooch36

Anyone in here from MA have their car appraised and insured ath the correct value? Who did you use?

I'm looking for a company that will do an agreed upon vlaue to make sure I'm well covered. The Insurance companies around here want to insure you for a regular regal price. If something happens your screwed.

I have an 87 GN and 87 Turbo-T and want to make sure I'm covered correctly.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Tooch,

I have my 87 GN as well as all my other vehicles insured with Commerce Insurance. I too was in your situation after having the GN repainted to the tune of almost 10 G's and it only has 60xxx miles on it.
As it does not yet qualify as an antique I contacted my insurance agent and was directed to Commerce's "stated value/amount policy". This is a policy where you are required to go to a licensed appraiser (I was given a list of people throughout MA) and have the car(s) appraised.
I don't know where in MA you are, but I used a guy in Lynn. It cost me a hundred dollars and the appraisal is good for one year. However, if you drive less than 5000 miles this year then you do not have to get another appraisal for two years.
The agreed upon value IE what ever the appraiser values your car(s) at will be what Commerce pays in the event of a total loss. Mine was valued in the mid twenties and it cost me around $1200.00 for the year.
You may benefit even more with the new system as mine was done before the new rate system took effect.

Mike in MA

Mike,

Thanks alot for the info. I live in Wilmington and Lynn is not that far from me. I'm gonna check with them tomorrow.

Thanks

So the assumption is your daily driving both of your cars in mass :) thus needing to pay the daily driver rate for driving the wild & crazy roads of Mass?

If not daily driving why not go with classic car insurance.

Some will tell you (AHEM HEAGERTY) a GN is not old enough but you can get special intrest category.

I used American classics out of JERSEY. $300 gets me 15k on my Limited.

I cant figure why Heagerty changed thier rules & Grundy did the same i once had my GN & Limited with them. then they droppend me for no reason (no claims)

No, neither car is a daily driver. All the classic car insurances companies want the vehicle to be 25 years old to qualify and alot of companies won't insure you in MA.

hagerty insured my 87 GN with no questions it was done in a day and i only pay 300 a year with a 15k value. and i was 17 when i first insured it

No, neither car is a daily driver. All the classic car insurances companies want the vehicle to be 25 years old to qualify and alot of companies won't insure you in MA.

Looks like your PHUCKED! Are you under 25?

I have not lived in Mass since 92 (thank goodness) I had no issues in NH with a GTO, GN, & T-type. the 25 years is BS. Call them back & mention Special intrest