Mach 1 Goes down from 70 roll

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Been a while since I posted a kill...

Coming home from work yesterday and was merging into traffic and this Bright Yellow Mach 1 mudstain is behind me and I have several cars in front of me all merging. So he decides to just go ahead and cut over from behind, floor it, and cut like 5 cars off including myself that were merging.
He blasts by winding the sucker out (definetly had Exhaust) and looks over at me in the Buford likes he Billy Bad A$$.
Once we all merge and I get a clean shot and punch it and find him tailgating some body thats going slow in the far left lane.
He has his window down and I boost and lift a few times while behind he so he could here the surge.
The slow car finally gets over and he downshifts and floors as well as I.
He winds out 4th shifts 4-5 and gives up and he lifts as I am just all over him and he cant get away. So I lift back off and he throws his blinker on and gets over to the right.
I pass him look over with a nod laughing and he swerves back over behind.
Traffic is still clear and I slow to 70 and nail it and he follows..
He stayed with me for maybe 2 seconds and then it was just murder after that... wound out the GN in D hit OD and see ya:eek: :) ...I lifted after about 5 cars.
It was fun and had the adrenaline for the rest of the trip home which was alot faster than normal...LOL

Please excuse my curt response, busy doing taxes.But WTF is so special about a Mach1? over a GT? Are they charged?
Thanks !

The Mach I has the old 320hp 32 valve 4.6 from the old N/A Cobras. Strong runners especially when modded. Definitely no slouch. Good kill, and from a roll even!!

mid 13s or so stock, i think. good kill, especially from a roll. those cars are supposed to have a pretty good top end. no match for an alky-injected buick though! hehe.

No offense but I don't see how a stock one is going to run 13 flat when a Cobra only runs 12.6-12.7 with 70 more hp. Then I'm not sure how he's going to run another .8 fastet with only intake,exhaust, and a tune. If it's true that's amazing or he has a factory freak.

No offense but I don't see how a stock one is going to run 13 flat when a Cobra only runs 12.6-12.7 with 70 more hp. Then I'm not sure how he's going to run another .8 fastet with only intake,exhaust, and a tune. If it's true that's amazing or he has a factory freak.

They are faster than the older cobra's because of a redesigned intake plenum, better gears, lack of an IRS so they can launch harder, as well as a better tune. They are one of the faster non svt mustangs out there.

Mach 1 mustangs are actually pretty close to a STOCK 03-04 cobra in the quarter. I had a friend that went 13.1 on dr's and an off road x pipe. They come out of the hole better than a cobra because they have a straight axle. Another friend of mine currently has on 04 mach, and it will stay really close to a cobra from a roll, but it has cold air intake, off road x, tuned, and 4.10 gears. I think it would beat a stock cobra in the quarter as long as the cobra didn't have drag radials on.

Ballsey move from a roll.

No matter how you look at it Mustang's are fun to play with. That was quite a move running him from a 70 MPH roll. I love it! Three weeks ago I had my boost set at 25 PSI when one came out of traffic and needless to say he got an education on turbo charged V6's!:cool:

My Mach runs 12.00 @ 115 mph. The top end is 154 mph. My GN is no match for my Mach. However, I love both cars for different reasons. Basically what I am saying is don't start picking on every Mach you run across because there are many that would eat a 12.2 car up for lunch. Especially from a 70 punch. Good Kill

put half the money you spent to make your mach go that fast in the GN and you won't have that problem anymore! ;)

they are some pretty sweet mustangs, though... they look very good imho, and that motor no doubt has some potential. what all's done to yours, grey03?

put half the money you spent to make your mach go that fast in the GN and you won't have that problem anymore! ;)

they are some pretty sweet mustangs, though... they look very good imho, and that motor no doubt has some potential. what all's done to yours, grey03?
Stock mine ran 13.4@ 106. 4.10's,DR's,Exhaust,CAI was added and it ran 12.5 @ 109 mph. I then added a 100 shot and ran 12.0 @ 115 mph. I could have posted a high 11 ET but I didn't have my window switch installed so I short shifted @ 6k and made sure I was in the gears so I wouldn't hit the rev limiter. I will admit that the DOHC 4.6 is not near as mod friendly as other engines. However, for a N/A 281 it has plenty of power to hang. Not to mention the Machs are setup stock well for the 1/4 mile. The suspension is lower than the GT's, the 5 speed has a 3.38 1st gear ratio, 6800 redline, a straight axle and subframe connectors. Let us not forget the Eaton conversion or prochargers/Vortech's SC'er at 8-9 lbs of boost will raise the RWHP to 460 easily. Both cars have unique qualities which set them apart from other cars.