machine work in IL

simple

who does yours?
what do you have too say about it or them?
rotating assembly balancing, girdle, block work etc. etc.

Steve

allgojoe said:
I had Fast times out of chicago do one of mine.Good **** so far

cool, couple questions for you
mileage so far, use of vehicle?
if you dont mind me asking, would you give me a ballpark price?
what bottom end parts are you using?

simple said:
cool, couple questions for you
mileage so far, use of vehicle?
if you dont mind me asking, would you give me a ballpark price?
what bottom end parts are you using?

FastTimes is SLOOOOOOwer than Sh!T...........plan and simple ...........also I should tell you they are slower than sh!T :)

And VERY expensive,they dont care about anything but their own crap,you come after their car is done,,so lets hope since I was their 5yrs ago that they are done with their slow ride...... :eek:

I had no problems with them on a time schedule. They are kinda spendy but you get what you pay for. 3000 miles on motor, stock crank with a girdle and a roller cam.

looks like i found my guy for the machine work
Eric Woodruff in Virden IL. he builds some nasty small block motors for roundy round cars and has dones quite a few drag setups as well.
went and checked out his shop earlier this week and spoke with him some about doing it for me. shop is immaculately clean.
hes been a machinist for 20 some years and said if i provide the specs for all the clearances that he will do it just like i want it. he will also let me use his shop and tools for the assembly if i want too do it myself with his assistance for a fee that is less then if he were too do it himself.

FYI for any central IL guys, he might be a good option. if anyone wants more info, just ask.

Steve

Do you have a number, and business hours? I'm a good bit away, but wanna drive up and talk to the fellow some time.

i have the business cards over at my girlfriends house, next time i'm there i'll post it up for ya :)
i havent taken my stuff there yet as i'm waiting on getting my heads back 1st. i think my shortblock parts will be at his shop around the beginning of Feb.

I had my stuff done at Borchardt speed in milwaukee. Not assembeled yet but he has done a few TR shortblocks for people I know. I had my billet caps line bored, block bored .020, balance, bearing/pistons coated,cam bearings installed rods resized etc for less than $900 if I remember right. He won't argue about the tighter tolerances that a buick needs (like the first so-called machinist I started out at did with me) All I can reccomend is find someone who will give you the specs you NEED with a TR motor. Anyone who wants more info please PM me and when my new computer getsonline I will be more than happy to help point you in mikes direction. John

I have 13700 on mine after rebuild, still running strong. I had a friend do mine in Cahokia near St Louis. I took him all the specs and tolerances. He cut me a deal cause ive known him a long time, he also did my duttweiler neck for my intercooler.

Integrity in chicago Northwest side.

I have a motor being built there now and they are real patient with me. They were actually waiting on me to produce a good set of heads that will pass there inspection before they assemble the rest of the motor. Short block was done 3-4 weeks after I dropped off the parts. Real fair pricing, and they always have time to answer any of million questions. Number is 773-282-9200. I went there because they did all the machine work on my buddys motor and that car is flyin with no problems.

Brer Rabbit said:
I have a motor being built there now and they are real patient with me. They were actually waiting on me to produce a good set of heads that will pass there inspection before they assemble the rest of the motor. Short block was done 3-4 weeks after I dropped off the parts. Real fair pricing, and they always have time to answer any of million questions. Number is 773-282-9200. I went there because they did all the machine work on my buddys motor and that car is flyin with no problems.
Send price for work and where is it located..

More details

BandAid said:
Send price for work and where is it located..
To this point Im being charged 1,600.00. They bored, checked the block, aligned honed for the Eagle crank. Machined the rods, balanced the whole assembly of course(the crank needed alot of that special materialto balance out and its real expensive), all the good stuff including assembly of the long block, when my Weber ported heads come in :biggrin: . There also doin a beadblast clean up of the lower intake not like thats a big deal but I guess it needs to look good too. There real cool with me bringin in the parts I want to use. I dont think the price will go up but who knows...I dropped a grand on them after the short block was done to keep them happy. They are located on Cicero just north of Diversey----2858 N. Diversey. Tell them U know the Cop with the GN motor they are building for me---u will get the special treatment :eek: . Seriously they are real good guys in there, NO B.S. they have to be to put up with my drama!