Made It To The Track

Lorenzo

I finaly made it to the track last night and would like a little input. I have a 231 with standard TRW forged pistons. A 218/218 hydrolic cam, fully ported heads and intake with big valves. A 70GTQ turbo with .85 exaust housing, modified fuel system with dual intanke pumps and 83lbs injectors. A front mount intercooler with 3" pipeing, Terry houston down pipe with a full 3" exaust. I am useing a turbo 350 trans with a 3500 stall and I will be tuneing the car with a Big Stuff 3.

This was my first time out with the car. I ran 1/8 mile and I made two passes. My best pass was a 7.58 at 89 mph. My sixty was a 1.69 with a 9lb lunch and the car only made 19lbs of bust on that pass. I have a new high boost acuator but that is all the boost I can get out of it. What can I do to make more boost and about how much boost should I need to run in the 6.60 to 6.70 range. I ran 116 octane and the car felt great but just down on boost. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't think that turbo is in its sweet spot at that boost level. Like you said crank it up a a little maybe with a HD actuator. As for your short times were you spinning? Could you hold any more boost at the line? Was it fat or lean? O2 readings? Knock? LC-1 data for A/F ratio? Timing?

That combo even at that boost level should have a little more left in it. That is if you can put the power to the ground.

I have a new high boost acuator on the car but it still want make but 19lbs boost max turned all the way up.

The = about a 11.9 in the 1/4...
It seems there is some king of issue other than the boost level.

Id do a leak down and a compression test, maybe the motor is down on compression?

The only other thing i can think of is the motor doesnt have any timing in it, or the fact that a 19psi motor setup doesnt need 2 pumps and its really really rich and wont come up on boost.

For the norm... 25psi on pump gas with a 70GTQ on ONE pump with methanol....

If it wont make boost, check the puck alignment, and make sure it seats fully.

Let us know
BW

That = about a 11.9 in the 1/4...
It seems there is some kind of issue other than the boost level.
Sorry, I was half asleep when I posted.

It is a new motor and I have no exaust leaks. I had a PT61 on the car before I made all the changes and it would make 26lbs of boost. I am leaning towards the tune up may be off. I was told if the air fuel ratio was wrong it would cause the car not to boost. Is that true?

Do you have a HD wastegate? If not thats probably one reason its making low boost.