You can type here any text you want

MAF pro & Gen2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
When would the best time to install one of these Gizmos? Any pros or cons compared to just stock setup? I've been interested, but seems a little complicated to get it dialed in.

Here's some info. After reading up on them if you have any questions give us a holler.

MAF Translator

Press the "more info" button for each product

Maf pro

Here's some info. After reading up on them if you have any questions give us a holler.

MAF Translator

Press the "more info" button for each product

I just read all info. I have just bought a MAF Pro and waiting on it arrival. What is needed it get this thing up and runnin. I got the maf pro,piggyback ecm harness and the boost solenoid for it. The sell stated you have to have a special chip for the ecm in order for it to work. Is he right? Also, is it plug and play or is there a lot of setup involved to drive the car? When it comes to tune were do you get your base line figures to start with? I think I may have gotten in over my head on this purchase.

I just read all info. I have just bought a MAF Pro and waiting on it arrival. What is needed it get this thing up and runnin. I got the maf pro,piggyback ecm harness and the boost solenoid for it. The sell stated you have to have a special chip for the ecm in order for it to work. Is he right? Also, is it plug and play or is there a lot of setup involved to drive the car? When it comes to tune were do you get your base line figures to start with? I think I may have gotten in over my head on this purchase.

Where did you buy it? Didn't they advise you that you'll need the Extender Pro chip?
Why did you go with the Pro? It's called a translator PRO for a reason, while it's physically a plug-n-play operation (almost), it can get intimidating for those not familiar with the basics of trying to tune one of these cars.
If setup properly, it should be VERY close to the proper tune when you get it up and running. But you really need that extender pro chip!!

Not sure how many Translator Pro users there are in your area, but it sounds like you'll need to find some local help!!

A lot of detailed info about your car's setup would help also. You have no sig to tell us what you're running.

you can run the Pro with any chip, virtually. But you don't get all the benefits of the Pro's tunability and the wideband tracking.

When all the stuff arrives. TurboDave and I can help you get it running.

Bob

Where did you buy it? Didn't they advise you that you'll need the Extender Pro chip?
Why did you go with the Pro? It's called a translator PRO for a reason, while it's physically a plug-n-play operation (almost), it can get intimidating for those not familiar with the basics of trying to tune one of these cars.
If setup properly, it should be VERY close to the proper tune when you get it up and running. But you really need that extender pro chip!!

Not sure how many Translator Pro users there are in your area, but it sounds like you'll need to find some local help!!

A lot of detailed info about your car's setup would help also. You have no sig to tell us what you're running.

I"m running a TE-44 with 42lbers and Smc alky with 3.5 Maf

Will probally be installing a set of 55lbers if I get ECM set up for low impedence. When I get the MAF pro.

Back