MAF sensor replacement

krazy86t

Anyone know a good source for a mass air flow sensor? Are there after market options that help with performance improvements or is stock "good enough" for most applications? Thx!

If you want a good basic upgrade you can go with a basic translator and a 3" LT1 or 3.5 LS1 maf, rebuilt stock mafs are horrible.

Agreed. Unless you really like taking trips back and forth to the parts store trying to get a reman that will actually work, the Translator and LT1 or LS1 MAF is definitely the way to go for the future. It's kind of pricey to get into, but the MAFS will be plentiful for a long time.

If you want a good basic upgrade you can go with a basic translator and a 3" LT1 or 3.5 LS1 maf, rebuilt stock mafs are horrible.

Great info, thanks!

Does the LS1 MAF also require a translator, or is it "plug-in-play" swap?

Great info, thanks!

Does the LS1 MAF also require a translator, or is it "plug-in-play" swap?

You need the translator with which ever you choose, 3" LT1 or 3.5 LS1, if you go with the LS1 maf you will need a hose adapter, the 3" LT1 will bolt right in place of the stock maf, your choice.

kirban 2 cents worth

The only sure fire way to get a factory GM correct rebuilt replacement for any 1986-1987 turbo regal is to buy from us as we send in original correct cores and get ours back not one that has been modified from a 6 cylinder camaro where plug points towards the passenger side and has 2 rivets securing feet to attach to the air cleaner bracket.

That is my suggestion if you want to retain a stock appearance. The other option mentioned above is quite popular and works....

Merely pointing out how to get a factory rebuilt correct one with no screw ups.

kirbanperformance.com

What Dennis said is true, I used his "stock replacement maf for years without any problems, so if you want to retain the stock appearance of the maf, this is the only way I would go!