MAF Sensor

ecna

Well my MAF sensor crapped out on the Jersey Turnpike coming home from Englishtown today. I unplugged it and was able to make it home OK.

What are the pros and cons to just getting another MAF or going with a translator and a different MAF?

Thanks,
Eric

I would go with a translator and a LT1 or LS1 MAF. I've been running a tranlator for a couple if years with no problems. The newer MAF's are a lot more reliable and cheaper.

translators are the way to go, i had one on my gn for 3years and never had a problem with it, you can run a LT1,LS1 or even a Z06 sensor and theres the translator + with the timing adjustment, fullthrottlespeed.com sales these translator and highly recommend them for daily driven.

i ran a stock maf sensor for 9 years no problems went 11.38 with it and stock injectors cant complain but went to dfi.

I'd go with a reg ol Translator and new Maf from Full Throttle .... works great and plugs in an ya go .. simple for old people and it works :p

I'd go with a reg ol Translator and new Maf from Full Throttle .... works great and plugs in an ya go .. simple for old people and it works :p

Can't disagree on the Translator since I ran one for years. But even they might need a little tweeking.

My Translator Pro "works great and plugged in and ya go" also. That's litterally all I had to do was plug it in and go.
I did have to relocate the Inlet air temp sensor, and get a 3 bar map, but since I have a digital dash car, even that was a plug in and go thing.

Thanks for all the opinions.

Just so I can drive it, I'll be replacing the MAF tomorrow, but I think I'll give the regular Translator a shot.

Grumpy... I think you pushed me over the edge. I follow your simple style and assumed you'd say stick with the stock MAF... if the Translator's a worthy upgrade for you, I'll give it a shot.

Eric

Thanks for all the opinions.

Just so I can drive it, I'll be replacing the MAF tomorrow, but I think I'll give the regular Translator a shot.

Grumpy... I think you pushed me over the edge. I follow your simple style and assumed you'd say stick with the stock MAF... if the Translator's a worthy upgrade for you, I'll give it a shot.

Eric

It never hurts to follow a man who see's 10's in street trim.:biggrin:
I follow a lot of Dan's post and he likes to keep things simple and they work!

stock mafs are awesome .. BUT they are now 20 years old :redface: we stepped up to the Translator and new Maf with her new set up ... we do our "tweaking" with a "Turbotweak" chip .. we are really lucky vendors stepped up with "stuff" like this to keep are old beaters goin :eek: :p

Full Throttle 4" and Translator....

I have the Full Throttle 4" intake with the newest-of-the-new Mass Air's.
Incredibly easy installation.

I had some teething pains with it but they revolved around the wrong Translator chip (I got 6.24 and needed 6.25...Bob took care of that) and a bad mass air right out of the box (that's AC/Delco's fault not Full Throttle's).
The new-fangled Mass Air is VERY inexpensive, by the way...for future replacement.

Right now? I couldn't be happier.
Incredible boost (gained 1.5 lbs.!) and throttle response and the sound? Awesome.

Check out the pic....it's a real attention-getter anytime I open the hood, too.

Attachments

• Big intake LRes.JPG
    Big intake LRes.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 89