You can type here any text you want

maf translator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Splwubs GN

Sold
i just received my maf translator ver 5.x not the PLUS VER.

Ok. I also have the 3.5 maf sensor.. I hooked everything up and started it up.. Still runs ruff on idel. So i switched the Maf base to 1 which is
3.5" LT1/LS1 maf sensor (turbo V6) (richer at idel)

So it runs a lot better then it set to 0. But at startup it still runs a LITTLE ruff and sounds like its going to stall until u rev it up a little. But i can live with this..
I have the MAF Wot set to 0..

There is 4 dip switches
Switch1 is - On=6 cylinders and off=8 cylinders

switch2 is - on=old style ecm (Turbo V6) and off=New style Pcm (LT1/LS1, SC3800, truck)

switch3 is - on=Output signal limited (blocks DTC Code 102 on OBDII vehicles) and says Should also be set to ON for Gn / retrofit vehicles that are NOT running extender Chips.

Switch4 is - 'late model' vehicles: on= 85 mm MAF cars that were originally equipped with 3.5

The maf Translator i got from ramchargers
When they shipped it to me the dip switches were set to
1=on
2=on
3=off
4=off

I am not running an extender chip.. This info is coming from the instrustions that came with the maf translator.. On the inside of the maf transltor is has a quick ref.. Well it doenst say that about switch 3.. I forget what it says at the moment because i screwed it back together..
So i am asking should i set SWTICH 3 TO ON since i do not have the extender chip.. I have a custom burned chip from
1/4 mile performance from Jim D A. I am going to ask him if thats an extender chip.. But i dont think it is.. I am positive he did it hims self..

So should i leave switch 3 off on set it to on
Thanks
Shawn

yes, the third switch should be switched to the on position for non extender chips

Back