You can type here any text you want

Maf

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Where can I get a good stock replacement???? I've decided not to get an LT-1 or LS-1....:D

You gotta be VERY QUICK to catch things on the Parts for Sale section!! I thought you had one for sale on there;) . I was looking at the "high performance replacement" available at Southeast Turbo....$200, wonder if its any different then others offered for $159???:confused: Went beating on mine last nite and I noticed it was only going to 196 instead of 255...hmmm could that be a problem????:rolleyes:

Try a rebuilt one ....

Of course, the best MAF is an original GM MAF. Those new MAFs have not been available from GM for years.

I went to my local Advance Auto store and talked to the manager about a rebuilt MAF. He agreed that he would exchange MAFs until I got 1) the correct MAF body (with stock angle for the electrical hook up), and 2) A MAF that read correctly when on the car.

Keep in mind that a few years ago, nobody was making a good rebuilt MAF....People still post that rebuilt MAFs are no good. At least Advance Auto (probably many others too) have solved that issue in my experience.

I recorded a WOT pass with TurboLink and then switched to the rebuilt MAF and recorded another WOT pass. The original GM MAF and the rebuilt MAF read almost exactly the same for air flow (plus or minus 1% between the two MAF readings). The Advance MAF is guaranteed for life. The thing to do is get a good backup MAF BEFORE you need it, test it out, and save it for when you need it.

Good MAFs are available for sale on this board from $60 for a used one to $300+ for a NIB original GM MAF. Just keep looking, or, post in the parts wanted section.

196gps is about what I had running WOT with stock boost on both of my TTAs, not necessarily a bad MAF: I had 193 with a stock turbo & exhaust for one car and 220 with a Ta-49, gutted cat and straight pipe on the other. But, I'd recommend you set aside a known good MAF, ECM, coil pack and ignition module for use in future, unscheduled, troubleshooting of your car.

I have an original MAF from my TTA for sale if interested. Car is in the paint shop now and will be replacing it with a T+

Of course, the best MAF is an original GM MAF. Those new MAFs have not been available from GM for years.

I went to my local Advance Auto store and talked to the manager about a rebuilt MAF. He agreed that he would exchange MAFs until I got 1) the correct MAF body (with stock angle for the electrical hook up), and 2) A MAF that read correctly when on the car.

Keep in mind that a few years ago, nobody was making a good rebuilt MAF....People still post that rebuilt MAFs are no good. At least Advance Auto (probably many others too) have solved that issue in my experience.

I recorded a WOT pass with TurboLink and then switched to the rebuilt MAF and recorded another WOT pass. The original GM MAF and the rebuilt MAF read almost exactly the same for air flow (plus or minus 1% between the two MAF readings). The Advance MAF is guaranteed for life. The thing to do is get a good backup MAF BEFORE you need it, test it out, and save it for when you need it.

Good MAFs are available for sale on this board from $60 for a used one to $300+ for a NIB original GM MAF. Just keep looking, or, post in the parts wanted section.

196gps is about what I had running WOT with stock boost on both of my TTAs, not necessarily a bad MAF: I had 193 with a stock turbo & exhaust for one car and 220 with a Ta-49, gutted cat and straight pipe on the other. But, I'd recommend you set aside a known good MAF, ECM, coil pack and ignition module for use in future, unscheduled, troubleshooting of your car.

I took it for a little beating last nite and it read 196...previously I had someone in the car with me while I did a 1st gear blast and they told me it read 255???? Just had the test pipe installed earlier today and did another 1st gear and it went to 228????WTF As usual lost again:redface: I'm going to take it for another "spin" in a few minutes and see what it reads then, also going to see how much Advanced wants for one. Thanks for the tip!!!

jaysgn.com

He sells a reman. that is very, very, good- had mine about three years now with no problems

;)

Took it for a blast earlier and it went to 255?? So much variance it makes me think its bad.:confused: Guess I'll be shopping!!!

Back