You can type here any text you want

Magaizine?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

randyp83

Hey i'm new to the Gn stuff so i picked up a GM Highperformance magaizine and there was nothing about them in the there. i know these cars are atleast 20 years old so i dout there is a dedicated mag for them unless i just don't get it over here in Germany. Is there any way to back order old mags on these cars? I know i could do that with my 5.0 mustang mag. Thanks, Randy

Back issues

Hey i'm new to the Gn stuff so i picked up a GM Highperformance magaizine and there was nothing about them in the there. i know these cars are atleast 20 years old so i dout there is a dedicated mag for them unless i just don't get it over here in Germany. Is there any way to back order old mags on these cars? I know i could do that with my 5.0 mustang mag. Thanks, Randy

Primedia - Backissues
Or read it on the web GMHightech.com
HTH

Magazines

The have some good write ups on Turbo Buicks when they do. They recently had a twin turbo build, think I saw in their archives a write up on Jack Cotton's "Great Pumpkin" A article on a couple cars Elmer (not Fudd) somebody built some real straight up pieces. When they ain't doing F-Bodies they occassionally throw in some good Buick stuff.

Randy,

I just left Germany a little less than a year ago (stationed at NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen).

I had my T over there and it was a blast. You really need to head up to Holland and check out the American car shows. You should check out this link: Amerikaanse Auto Club - The Cruise Brothers (go to the "fotos") and this one kingcruise.nl | Take your Car to the King Cruise. The sites are in Dutch, but just click away and see some of the nice American cars in Holland. According to some Dutch folks I know, there was supposed to be an 87 Burgandy Turbo T, but I never saw it. There is one Typhoon in Holland though. Here is another site with photos from many of the meetings in Holland: Meetingfoto's - v8meetings.nl

Belgium also has a lot of American Car Shows. Check out this site: APOW-meeting 2007
There are normally close to 800 American cars at this show. The Belgians are typically very good with English.

Germany also has several American show/clubs. I never went to any of these as my Dutch is much better than my German. There is a German Buick Club: The Buick Club of Germany You can get their page up in either German or English. It lists some of the shows in Germany.

Depending on how close you are to Switzerland and/or Austria, there are several American car shows/clubs there too. Just google and you should find some clubs.

If you are interested in going to any of the shows in the Netherlands, PM me and I can either hook you up with some Dutch friends or a couple retired AF guys who live there.

As far as GM High Tech, I know the Ramstein Exchange always had it. Also, check out their website as it has a bunch of older tech articles.

I ordered Buick parts from Kirbans, SE Turbo, ESP and Limit Engineering when I was there, and they all shipped to APO no problem.

By your email, I am not sure if you have a Buick with you or not. If you do, I'll hook you up with the Dutch Buick Club. They have an outstanding weekend cruise/camp out, and would be glad to have you. (And the Dutch are very good with English, so you won't have a language barrier). For a list of upcoming events in the Netherlands/Belgium, check out this website: Agenda - v8meetings.nl

Oh yes...if you are going up into the Netherlands, take a look at the AAFES homepage for a listing of ESSO stations you can use.

Enjoy Europe, as I wish I was back!!!!

Rob

Randy,

I just left Germany a little less than a year ago (stationed at NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen).

I had my T over there and it was a blast. You really need to head up to Holland and check out the American car shows. You should check out this link: Amerikaanse Auto Club - The Cruise Brothers (go to the "fotos") and this one kingcruise.nl | Take your Car to the King Cruise. The sites are in Dutch, but just click away and see some of the nice American cars in Holland. According to some Dutch folks I know, there was supposed to be an 87 Burgandy Turbo T, but I never saw it. There is one Typhoon in Holland though. Here is another site with photos from many of the meetings in Holland: Meetingfoto's - v8meetings.nl

Belgium also has a lot of American Car Shows. Check out this site: APOW-meeting 2007
There are normally close to 800 American cars at this show. The Belgians are typically very good with English.

Germany also has several American show/clubs. I never went to any of these as my Dutch is much better than my German. There is a German Buick Club: The Buick Club of Germany You can get their page up in either German or English. It lists some of the shows in Germany.

Depending on how close you are to Switzerland and/or Austria, there are several American car shows/clubs there too. Just google and you should find some clubs.

If you are interested in going to any of the shows in the Netherlands, PM me and I can either hook you up with some Dutch friends or a couple retired AF guys who live there.

As far as GM High Tech, I know the Ramstein Exchange always had it. Also, check out their website as it has a bunch of older tech articles.

I ordered Buick parts from Kirbans, SE Turbo, ESP and Limit Engineering when I was there, and they all shipped to APO no problem.

By your email, I am not sure if you have a Buick with you or not. If you do, I'll hook you up with the Dutch Buick Club. They have an outstanding weekend cruise/camp out, and would be glad to have you. (And the Dutch are very good with English, so you won't have a language barrier). For a list of upcoming events in the Netherlands/Belgium, check out this website: Agenda - v8meetings.nl

Oh yes...if you are going up into the Netherlands, take a look at the AAFES homepage for a listing of ESSO stations you can use.

Enjoy Europe, as I wish I was back!!!!

Rob
wow thanks alot!

No problem Randy. Enjoy your European tour. I am going to retire in two years (I am at 23 now) and hope to find a civilian job in Holland.

Rob

Back