making a bigger turbo bigger

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
I contacted John Craig about any upgrades he can do to my turbo. He said he could upgrade it to a TE-61 or TE-62 for about $500. Since mine is in need of a rebuild anyways I think I will go this route. Does anyone else do these kinds of upgrades to bigger turbos, and if so what does it cost? $500 seems good since a rebuild will run close to that anyways. Is it possible to go even bigger than a TE-62 or would that be close to the limit?

Mine is almost done. i upgraded mine from a TE51 to a TE63-1. All it takes is a new compressor housing and wheel. Already had a new center section and big exhaust wheel with a PTE exh housing. Cost $400 at Majestic.
Mitch

Mine is almost done. i upgraded mine from a TE51 to a TE63-1. All it takes is a new compressor housing and wheel. Already had a new center section and big exhaust wheel with a PTE exh housing. Cost $400 at Majestic.

???????

how did u upgrade from a 51 if none of the parts interchange?

basically, you gave a 51+$400+exhaust housing +exhaust wheel

for a 63-1
hmmm

surej

Majestic was able to use my center section, shaft, exh wheel, exh housing, and then add a new compressor housing machined for the bigger wheel, balance, labor=$400
Mitch

I just sent my TE-60 to John for a rebuild, but haven't yet spoken to him and I was also hoping for a size increase. So keep the feedback coming.

Are any of the new Garrett GT wheels an option?

Scott