You can type here any text you want

manifold and valve cover refinish

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I thought I would post this just as a reference, but I saw the set of powder coated valve covers for sale here and wanted to say that when i got mine done I had everything bead blasted and had a clear powder coat put on. They looked essentially identical to stock. The clear powder coat takes the shine away from the bare aluminum and it has a kind of white/silver appearance.

How about stock polished to a high chrome like finish
With RJC spacers
Not everybody's cup of tea but...
EBay, guy in Frenchtown NJ

Attachments

• Motor 0013.jpg
    Motor 0013.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 115
Never tried the clear powder but I can see it turning out pretty nice if the parts been beadblasted. I went all silver on my stuff (VCs, downpipe, maf pipe etc) and beadblasted the intake (lower and upper) then just painted it silver with clearcoat ontop as this looked pretty much like the raw aluminium when done didi polish the ribs on the upper intake (doghous) before clearcoat so they are nice and shiny :-).

Clear will turn yellow when it burns or the heat is to high.
To much oven temp. or in there to long.

Clear will turn yellow when it burns or the heat is to high.
To much oven temp. or in there to long.

well it looked perfect until three months later don't know how many miles but it turned yellow slight shade yellow like a film ? unless the procedure was done wrong if thats what u mean ?:confused:

Shouldn't have,:confused:

Find out who's powder and what chemistry?
It should not see enough heat on valve covers.

I did a set in clear and the covers came out more grey looking than aluminum. I played around with various shades of silver to get the correct look. I was also very concerned about the clear yellowing.
Dave

If you used a epoxy or hybird powder it might of
chalked up. They will after time.

Back