You can type here any text you want

Manual boost question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lee01

1GR8MMBR
I have a manual boost controller installed (done by previous owner)

Now i'm installing a BtsC electronic boost controller so I won't need the MBC.

My question, there is two hose, one from wastegate to MBC and one from MBC to compressor on the turbo.

Is it a simple disconnect and install one hose from the wastegate to the turbo?

I don't have a wastegate actuator anymore... anything I should be aware?

The BstC is an electronic controller that replaces the ECM's boost control signal.

So..... You will need a boost Solenoid, Actuator, and stock boost control lines from the Solenoid to the Actuator and Turbo.

Simply put, you'll have to put it back to stock components. The actuator its self can be either standard or high boost type.

The BstC is an electronic controller that replaces the ECM's boost control signal.

So..... You will need a boost Solenoid, Actuator, and stock boost control lines from the Solenoid to the Actuator and Turbo.

Simply put, you'll have to put it back to stock components. The actuator its self can be either standard or high boost type.

mmmhhhh.....:redface: I need to find all these part....back :mad: last owner didn't keep them.

Where the boost Solenoid is located?
Anyone has a picture of that? Don't know what it look like :redface:

Here's a picture of mine.

See the thing in the lower left of the picture with the red dot? That's it. It mounts on the passenger side valve cover, upper front bolt/stud

Ignore the fact that I have two of them in parallel. You only need one

Click the picture to enlarge:

Here's a picture of mine.

See the thing in the lower left of the picture with the red dot? That's it. It mounts on the passenger side valve cover, upper front bolt/stud

Ignore the fact that I have two of them in parallel. You only need one

Click the picture to enlarge:

OH! I remember, I ask a question about that red plug that was loose. Wastegate solenoid!

My next question, what/were is the actuator you refering to??? :redface:

OH! I remember, I ask a question about that red plug that was loose. Wastegate solenoid!

My next question, what/were is the actuator you refering to??? :redface:

It mounts to the compressor housing on turbo. One of the hold down clamps are removed and two bolts. The actuator use those holes left and bolts are installed back into place.

Back