You can type here any text you want

Manual steering box pitman arm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I would be willing to bet that the early S-10 box is the same one they are selling. Mine is around 5.5 turns lock to lock. I know it's 1 turn less than the standard "4 bolt" s-10 box. It's a breeze to turn with one hand with skinnies and the car sitting still.

I bought my early s-10 box freshly rebuilt from a local guy that works for a big sprint car steering box builder. I'll find his email address when I get home. He sells them cheap, with the correct pitman arm. And you can use any steering shaft that works on a normal GN including the jeep shaft. I probably have <$150 in my freshly rebuilt box, pitman and jeep shaft and it's like brand new.

Here is his ebay page. You could contact him through there. He doesn't have anything listed right now, but he doesn't always list what he has. http://myworld.ebay.com/2bluecows?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I bet so, I think the 3bolt s10 boxes and the 525 is the same. If so u can find the 525 box for about 250 and maybe an older s10 box for cheaper than that. Then use the borgeson pitman arm and telescopic shaft and u-joints and BOOM

I would convert to manual ,"IF" it doesn't compromise my steering ability. I am not concerned with losing any weight off the front of my car. My first concern is to have the car drive, handle and feel as close to stock as humanly possible. If the conversion allows this, then I would be open to it. Losing another pulley, lines, and a reservoir would just be a added bonus. I was hoping the Jeep shaft would cure my initial problem........... not so much. So now am either going to rebuild the stock steering box, or get rid of it if the S10 box would retain a similar feel. I don't drive on the street with skinnies, my new rims will be fitted with 255 up front.

Hey Mike!

I saw your new rims at Brightside last week.
Looking Good!

dave

Mike, if you want to get a feel on how the manual steering is your welcome to drop by and check it out.......

What does your manual setup consist of? How do you find it over stock?
Steering box/pitman arm, stock steering shaft.
After a little while you forget you even have manual steering, so i do not mind it at all.....Only had the car out a couple times but as i said, i completely forgot about having manual steering!

Back