You can type here any text you want

manual steering serpentine belt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

Hey guys,

i am converting to manual steering, and my pulley setup has the champion racing bracket for cars with no a/c. (that billet one that uses the power steerinf pump as a tensioner.

Now i wish to keep that type of bracket instead of changing over to the other champion bracket.

Has anyone done this? If so, what length or part number or car did you snag a serpentine belt from?

Thanks alot,

Adrian

When I changed to manual steering last summer, I also wanted to keep the Champion AC delete bracket, so we fabricated an adapter to hold a pulley in the place of the PS pump.

The adapter mounts to the bracket using the same holes and bolts from the PS pump to maintain adjustment for the belt.

Since I used an idler pulley from some other car, the diameter is different from the stock pump pulley.

It took about 3 trips to the parts store to come up with a belt size that fit! :)

Below the vac pump the new pulley can be seen.

Attachments

• NICK'S ENGINE 0.jpg
    NICK'S ENGINE 0.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 100
Hey Nick,

I like your idea, and i see your pulley that replaced the Power steering is not an RJC like the rest. I would really like to keep the RJC pulley, however i do not think i can machine a recess for a bearing in that pulley.

Adrian

Since the stock PS pulley is a press-on piece, I did not even consider trying to use it.

The pulley I used is an idler pulley that uses the same bearing and bolt as used on the GN belt tensioner. This pulley does have a flange on each side to keep the belt centered and in place.

Back