Map Sensor 2 / MAF Sensor 0

If you go to Syty.net and look at the ecm threads, you will see that there isn't much that this ecm can't do. Several have sold their FAST systems and returned to the stock ecm.

Yes you can use wide band, you can also get a patch that allows use of a 3 bar map.....which allows the ecm to see/interpret/react to boost levels over 14.7psi. This ecm works just like any other GM ecm, its just spped density vs map. The main reason we have chosen to use it over the buick version was that we already had the tuning tools for this set-up, and we had a ton of MAF problems. Plus, Jeff(typhoon) and I tend to have ADD and are not happy unless there are parts/wires/etc hanging off the car. There is another board member here that has been runing this ecm for quite some time, with 60 lb injectors and he has had excellent results.

The tuning is slow right now...other obligations have come up, and the car has become the "only" daily driver. I have actually offered to pay to dyno the thing myself, and he still won't turn the boost up to 15 psi. All I can tell you at this point is that even woth a few minor issues (a little rich at times) this thing is exponentially better than it has ever been before.

we talked about it for a while last night , and the general plan isthat as soon as this is not his only good transportation, the wick will be turned up and the dyno numbers will follow.

as far as streetability...we have several thousand on this setup, and it is better than ever.

Im REALLY interested in this too. When you say you can use a wideband, does that mean that the ECM will use the wideband completely for using engine parameters to basically tune the car itself. In short what I am asking is, once you get the chip burned close enough to a good tune, will the wideband bring it to a GREAT tune??? Thanks all!

Scott

Does the other user thats on this board name happen to start with a "B"

I'll take the 5th on that thank you

As for the WB, the O2sensor can be replaced with a wb unit,and a datastream is available for logging and tuning, but the ecm des not use the wb info as a reference to self dignose and tune....that would be way too easy. I have not as yet seen any code allowing the ecm to interpret wideband data.......but that doesn't mean it won't appear. As those who are using this setup are some of the better tuners in the Syty and turbo Buick markets, I would not be surprised.

So, I was perusing the board for info about this mod and while I found a little no one seems to have ever posted the requested info.
Such as pinouts and wiring schematics?
Anyone else done this and found it to work well or has it been determined to be a waste?

I assume the biggest fear everyone has is with the chip burning and also being able to return to stock. I know I would be willing to learn or maybe we could talk turbotweak into burning us chips ;)

I am sure putting the stock parts back would be a matter of plug n play if done properly.
The reason I was looking ito it was the same issue with the MAFs and this seems to improve driveability as well.

I still don't understand what parts we need to look for at the junk yard and what has to be done for this mod. It sounds great and cheap

Junkyard wise I think all you need is the ECM and the plug/harness section that plugs into the ecm. Then you just need to re-pin it with the harness from Caspers.
However, the info on what needs to be re-pinned as well as what adapter is the question which noone seems to want to post. Not trying to flame but it has been asked several times. Just seems funny that it is such a great mod and everyone should do it but there isn't much detailed info.

Help us out ! We want to be MAFless too! :D

I know we would need a ECM from the junk yard but which one, from what car. I am with you I dont understand why this is so hush hush, may be someone is planing on selling them as a kits for more than $100

sorry, , it's a 89-90 Turbo Sunbird. I think the Turbo Skyhawk is the same and of course the Typhoon/ Syclone. Not sure what other cars came with these.