You can type here any text you want

Map Sensor voltage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Looking for a table to correllate pressure to voltage for a 2 bar sensor..and a 3 bar sensor..

Are there any differences at 5 lbs of boost between the two?

Thanks..

I can help you with the 3 bar as I added it and the boost harness to record boost to direct scan but I never tested the factory 2 bar and don't have the vacuum pump any more to check it for you. You'll probably still want to find someone or buy a combo vacuum/presure pump to get your own values depending on how exact you want to get:

25inVac = .26v
20inVac = .53v
15inVac = .78v
10inVac = 1.00v
5inVac = 1.28v
free air = 1.58v
5 psi = 2.12v
10 psi = 2.66v
15 psi = 3.18v
couldn't go any higher with the pump I was using.
Hope that helps.

Two bar at 0 psi is about 2.3 volts.
Two bar at 15 psi is about 4.85 volts.

y=mx+b

2.3=0m+b

b=2.3

m=(y1-y0)/(x1-x0)=(4.85-2.3)/(15-0)=0.17

x=0psi, y=(0*0.17)+2.3=2.3
x=1psi, y=(1*0.17)+2.3=2.47v
x=2psi, y=(2*0.17)+2.3=2.64v
x=15psi, y=(15*0.17)+2.3=4.85v (checks)

Many thanks guys..you have saved me a bunch of work..well a little bit :)

Hope I can return the favor someday.. ;)

Julio

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
I can help you with the 3 bar as I added it and the boost harness to record boost to direct scan....

BoostKillsStres

Can you tell me how you setup DS to work with the boost sensing? Which sensor did you use the boost sensing in place of? I assume you have the 3-bar MAP sensor from the TTA?

Thanks a lot!

Six,

Basically you just need to order Ken's Turbolink boost sensing harness and map sensor and install on the car. I tried to get a map from advance auto but the plug was wrong. It plugs into the ATS wire so you'll then read boost as temp and using the latest version of DS you can see the boost curve in the graphical scope mode. You'll need to get either a hand pump so you can then apply vacuum and boost to the map sensor and record the temp to build a lookup table of temp vs. boost. To be as accurate as possible its also best to use a high quality boost gauge when making these measurements as my VDO gauge I found reads 1 psi low.

Also to maintain accuracy turn the key on w/ engine off and see what the DS temp is reading since barometric pressure changes will slightly throw off your boost reading so you need a base number to adjust from.

I don't really use mine for boost logging much, more for wideband o2 logging by sending the WB output to the boost harness then I build a pot w/ a 9v bat and use it as input into DS to simulate the WB output and built a lookup table so I can easily convert temp to air fuel for chip and track tuning.

HTH

Back