You can type here any text you want

MAP Spikes From Throttle Blips, Rockers, Lifters, Check Out This Log Picture, NUTS!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVYUS 1

New engine, 900 miles total, all new parts but this is driving me nuts, check out this picture.

If you're at 0% TPS and then do a somewhat or fast throttle blip it will cause a crazy spike in MAP and KPA like -8" to 13psi in milliseconds. This spike then warrants a crazy fuel dump, though there's no real boost or compression, the car then floods out and either will stall or drown to 440rpm and come back staggering. You have to creep into the throttle to drive it but it's not safe.

I thought it might be a cam sensor error, then we thought maybe a lean backfire etc but what adds up to a crazy spike from vacuum to 13psi in milliseconds?

Anyone seen this before?
Rockers out of whack?
Lifters not pumping?
Cam degreed all jacked?

I'm leaning now towards mechanical synchronization that's causing a spike in the intake like a backfire. I'll have the whole valvetrain looked over, rockers, lifters and push rods inspected but damn, really bummed, cars not safe to drive and this years another year of 20 miles of driving.

Attachments

• image001 (1).png
    image001 (1).png
    147.7 KB · Views: 4
Back