You can type here any text you want

ME-R & no A/C

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

waell

I'm getting ready to put this system on my car. 72# injectors, TE45A, ported irons. but I don't have a/c so I'm not sure how to program. I'm sure someone has been down this road before so can they explain how to get around this. Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by waell
I'm getting ready to put this system on my car. 72# injectors, TE45A, ported irons. but I don't have a/c so I'm not sure how to program. I'm sure someone has been down this road before so can they explain how to get around this. Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.

Power source with key on, Fuse -> Switch -> Pin B8 at the ecm.
Should be blue or light blue at the ecm connector.

Bruce, thanks for the responce but i'm not to sure I follow. can you go into a little more detail about exactly what I need to do. I'm very slow when it comes to electronics

Originally posted by waell
Bruce, thanks for the responce but i'm not to sure I follow. can you go into a little more detail about exactly what I need to do. I'm very slow when it comes to electronics

In stock form the ecm watches for power on pin B8 to see of the A/C is on. There is no real current draw, it just senses if there is a voltage there or not.
MR-R uses that input to trigger the code.

The easiest solution is.
Going to Atozombie and getting a few wire scotchloks, a switch (light duty), some wire, and a fuse holder that piggy backs into a fuse holder.

Find a fuse that goes hot with the key on.
Install a lenght of wire into the piggyback devise, and scotchlok them together. Then remove the old fuse, and install the new holder. Then at the ecm there is a large and small connector. One having 24 pins, and the other 32. A + B locations are on the 24 pin connector. If you hunt around on the connector, there is some really small fine numbering that shows where 1 and 12 are located. B8 has a blue wire on it as a sanity check. Scotchlok the wire you tied into the fuse box there.

With DS running, you should see the A/C indicator turn on and off as you flip the switch on and off.

Actually the easiest way to take a piece of wire and short across the large round plug that used to be plugged into the evaporator or dryer or whatever it's called.
Sully

Back