You can type here any text you want

ME-R which position to adjust fuel down low?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Car will not spool down low. I have the 16 pos ME-R. Spool curve (POS B) is set at 1 but has been set too 0 with no noticeable change. I mean the car is just pig rich, the plugs say it and the spool down low is terrible.

My question is; To take fuel out down low to get the car to spool better which TW Position should I be adjusting?

(TW POS 2) 0-1900 MAP gain; currently set at 146
(TW POS 4) Power Enrichment; currently set at 0
(TW POS C) 1900-1400 MAP gain; currently at 149

I had previously took the plugs out and they were fouled real good. But my WOT fuel seemed good, just pig rich down low.

I have a CPT 70 with p trim wheel
Good converter 3400-3500 stall

Which Thumb wheel postion do i adjust ?

What RPM range are you in when trying to spool? Have you datalogged it? What is the air/fuel ratio? Do you have the MER-WB chip? If so, position 4 is not used for 0-4000 fuel. The most likely candidate is position C 1900-4000 fuel, which you would increase to make leaner.

Eric

What RPM range are you in when trying to spool? Have you datalogged it? What is the air/fuel ratio? Do you have the MER-WB chip? If so, position 4 is not used for 0-4000 fuel. The most likely candidate is position C 1900-4000 fuel, which you would increase to make leaner.

Eric

No wide band to check out the AF, but looking at the plugs they are definitely fowled. O2's up top are at 811. Im looking at the Manuel I got from you when you sent me the chip and it says TW Pos 4 is 0-4000 Power Enrichment? It runs good up top but its definitely pig rich down low! How many number at a time can I adjust position C? Default is 149.

Chip # 5E76CD

ERic is this an Alchy Chip? Im running dual nozzle alchy?

Eric

Im in the 2000 RPM range and above range if the tires will hold and it comes out like a snail. I do not have the MER WB chip.

My chip i got from you reads 5E76CD

Ok one last commentbefore im off to bed.

Why wouldnt it be 0-4000 Power Enrichment? I was looking at the Tuning Tips in the manual and it seems to make since, but so do the other positions. Its like 3 or 4 different setting make sense to adjust but which one do i really need to adjust to solve my issue? This is getting to be a pain again. :frown:

0-4000 is already at "0" so you can't go leaner. The adjustment is leftover from the MAF version, and we don't use it that much anymore. The 1900-4000 took its place. With the 1900-4000, to go leaner you raise the number higher. Try 3 or 4 numbers at a time to lean it out. Let me know how it goes.

In the WB version we took out the 0-4000 adjustment, but you have the non-WB so it's still in there.

Eric

Back