You can type here any text you want

Mean sounding LS7 ZO6, and some Gixxers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
A blue one.
I was out breaking in my new SSBC front brakes and ended up alongside this ZO6 at a light.

As soon as I pulled alongside, I knew this one was going to be a handful. Definitely had an exhaust kit and a cam....real lopey idle...much louder.

When the light turned green, neither of us really nailed it off the line, but he accelerated a tad quicker than me so my front bumper was at his door.

We both hit it just after he got into 2nd.

I stayed right where I was...my bumper at his door. At the top of 2nd he got a few more inches on me, I got 'em back as he shifted....then he was into 3rd...his money gear...

Once he was in 3rd....he took those inches back away from me and the beating began as he slowly started to pull away. We were closing in on another car in my lane so I had to let out of it....I wasn't gonna win this one anyway...

When he noticed me let out, he got out too...

We just cruised and each turned our separate ways.
Had we gone from a dig, I probably would have pulled him while he tried to get traction, but he would have got me back in 3rd...:rolleyes:

Earlier...I came across a couple sport bikes.
I think they were Gixxer's. They were dark flat grey with a little "R" and a slash on the side.

They were a couple lengths behind me as we accelerated away from a light when I noticed one of them get on it. So I got on it too...:biggrin:
The other one nailed it right when I did.

The first guy got around me before I evened him out, then I stayed about a length behind him.
The 2nd guy stayed a few lengths behind me and then gave up....I stayed with the first guy.
He looks in his side view mirror and I think it freaked him out a little that I was right there with him.:cool:

We were closing on traffic and easily in the triple digits, so we both quite.
Then he and his buddy turned onto the toll road where I went straight.

sounds like a fun day.oh if the bikes had an r with a slash its a yamaha R 1 "1000cc" anyways its good u kept up

Sounds like fun! Too bad you couldn't have gotten more runs in with the Z06. I always enjoy reading your kill stories. I need to get some of my own.

sounds like a fun day.oh if the bikes had an r with a slash its a yamaha R 1 "1000cc" anyways its good u kept up

Thanks for the tip. Got me pointed in the right direction.

I looked at some pix of the R1 and discovered the R6 (I don't know squat about one bike from the next) and the thing I thought was a slash had to be a 6 (6's look like slashes to me when street racing:D...), cuz I found a pic of a grey R6 that looked just like the two bikes I messed with.

Hey, R6's are no slouches. Especially the newer ones. I had a 99 R1 jetted out carb, full exhaust, blah blah blah and I started to lose to guys with 08 and up r6's. Great kill on the bike. As for the Z06......he must be found.....he must be punished!

Damn chicken I think its nuts your car can hang with a Z06. I never knew how much power they had until papa Lou let me drive his.....

Yup...the Chicken coupe has beaten stock LS7 Z06's...this one was modded a tad.

If I find him again, I'll need to go from a dig and end it before he gets to far into 3rd or he'll school me again.

Don't let me down Chicken...I'm almost done my build and plan to go ZO6 hunting and becoming a frequent poster...slay them Z's :D (also helps I got my best friend ridin shotgun...a cop :) ) Cant wait to hit the "midnight" fun in Philly!

Had we gone from a dig, I probably would have pulled him while he tried to get traction, but he would have got me back in 3rd...:rolleyes:

If you held him tight from a slow roll into 3rd, from a dig he would need some room past 3rd to catch you.

I've lined up a few times against my old man's in his 07 Z (tune+filter) and due to traction (Me on MT DR's - Him on the stock runflats) I put 3-4 cars on him from the hit and by 90 the reel starts.

That's between Lou and I

:biggrin: geterdun

Don't let me down Chicken...I'm almost done my build and plan to go ZO6 hunting and becoming a frequent poster...slay them Z's :D (also helps I got my best friend ridin shotgun...a cop :) ) Cant wait to hit the "midnight" fun in Philly!

Even cops have to hope the guy that pulls them (or their buddy) over is the kind to allow a favor to be pulled in....don't bank on it to be a 100% free pass.:D

If you held him tight from a slow roll into 3rd, from a dig he would need some room past 3rd to catch you.

I've lined up a few times against my old man's in his 07 Z (tune+filter) and due to traction (Me on MT DR's - Him on the stock runflats) I put 3-4 cars on him from the hit and by 90 the reel starts.

That's been true of the other Z06's I've raced; the result was pretty much identical to what you described. But this one definitely had a little more in it. Sounded like he was sportin' a cam kit too. I know a guy who had a cam kit in his Z06 for a little while, so I know what they sound like.

Even cops have to hope the guy that pulls them (or their buddy) over is the kind to allow a favor to be pulled in....don't bank on it to be a 100% free pass.

He's a big-dog Narcotics guy....I'm good in da' hood :D They midnight run in the industrial areas in the bad lands.

The new 600 are pretty dam fast for sure. That fact that the race was even reasonably close means you have a strong running car.

Back