Meankids.Com Updated

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
I switched Meankids over to a new type of image hosting software that seems better suited for what we're going. It should be more dialup friendly now as well. There arent any real recent photos (yet) but there should be a big update after this weekend. Check it out and feel free to post any questions and/or comments.

Looks great. It looks like Winsett needs to watch what he eats to fit between the tubes. It's like you guys built a topfuel dragster inside of a TR :)

Dynamite comes in small packages =)

We just got about 5 new pics put up today that show some new stuff - it has been a long, hard and hot 3 months but the car is coming around...

check them out at:

www.meankidsracing.com

thanks
Winsett

Hey Scott & Jay the car looks great!!!!

I can't wait to see it run down the track :)

Take Care

Crossing this post over from the Stage II section...

Since I've been kind of flying underneath the radar lately I thought that since we are about 99% done with Scott's car, I would make a post about what we've been up to.

After running 8.40 @ 164 last year at 3490lbs, we decided over the winter that we were going to step the car up and run in the local 1/8th mile racing organization called Texas King Of The Hill. Those guys are running 4.70s or so at every race but with 90% of the cars being nitrous rides, you really never know how fast they will go from pass to pass. With some 1/8th mile tuning (Without changing the 3.89 gears), we managed to get a 5.23 out of the car in the 1/8th with Scott pedaling it once on that run.

Figuring that we would need every advantage we could get out of the rules, we stripped the car down to nothing in an attempt to get the car as light as possible so we could add weight back where we wanted it. An added benefit was when we go to Buick events, we could take the weight out and run all out. As you can see from the photos on Meankidsracing.com, there is very little factory sheetmetal left. A fiberglass front clip, hood, doors, dash, rear end and trunk was added and all windows were replaced with Lexan. Every inch of support in the roof and A pillars was cut out, all the factory frame railes to the firewall were cut out and replaced with tubing. The car is now a double frame rail car essentially. The factory frame was retained as per KOTH rules from the firewall to radiator support and it was cut off again and the intercooler and radiator mounts were fabricated there.

Since this whole deal is heads up off a pro tree, we decided we would need something better than a 400 for launching the car if we were going to be competetive. We went back and forth for a long time between a Freddy Brown powerglide with his variable stall deal or a Lenco/Liberty. In the end, after about 6 weeks of research and deliberation, we went with a 4 speed Lenco with a dual disc clutch from EastWest Clutches. We also slipped in some 5.13 gears for 1/8th mile only tunage.

We added a new intercooler from Charged Air Systems which is a prototype for a new race intercooler Tony is working on. He asked me not to say much about it until we've tested it so if you want to know about the intercooler, ask Tony. All I can say is it's pretty trick. The radiator and water pump are also from CAS.

After getting all the 'glass mounted, the car was shot with a white silver from House Of Kolors and with a version of the Mystique paint. If you look at the photos, I think it's easy to tell which is which The Mystique we used changes blue, green, purple, burgundy and yellow. The flames were also painted with Mystique.

In the fuel system department we upgraded from a single Weldon 2025A/SX regulator combo to a dual Weldon 2025A/dual Weldon regulator setup. We used -10 to the rail and -10 returns. Overkill for sure with the V6 but if we have aspirations to grow some extra cylinders down the road, we're covered fuel system wise. The 160#/hr injectors from before were carried over.

As you can see by the pictures, it's pretty much all business now inside. Funny car cage, 3 gauges, a tach, Innovative Turbo boost controller and a buncha MSD stuff.. thats about it.. oh, and the Lenco

So.. in conclusion.. props to Kory Day from Day Performance and his dad Kenny for the chassis work and the paint job. Thanks to Corvette Jim for his feats of engineering and extra special thanks to the boo boo boys who thought we were just going to fade away (You know who you are).. we're baaaaaaaaaaaack.

Anyone has any questions about anything except the clutch or the intercooler (I'm sworn to secrecy on both), I'll be happy to answer then the best I can.

Next up, bringing my car back from the dead finally...............

JayC,
Thanks for the update. The car is lookin SWEET. Keep us updated on the times.

Do you ever go over to Navasota, Tx and run the 1/8" mile over there. They have some good racin on saturday nights. Cars running 4.90's and winning. If you can run some 4.70's you can make some money.

Keep up the good work.

Track

When do we get to see some action?
Would like to see the car go down the track, If it looks as good as it may run, man what a ride. Kennedale last Saturday night had some 4.1- runs so there is a track that was hooking last week. How about there or Denton or wherever.
Cool car Jay and Scott,
Rick Kinworthy:cool: