You can type here any text you want

Mechanical oil pressure gauge under hood

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MDavis

What's the best way to install a oil pressure gauge under hood? I have a digital gauge inside car and would like to put a mechanical gauge in the engine compartment.

Has anyone tapped off the turbo oil feed?
Or should it be attached near the tee off the engine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 135
What's the best way to install a oil pressure gauge under hood? I have a digital gauge inside car and would like to put a mechanical gauge in the engine compartment.

Im a year late but im looking to do same thing, what was your solution did you tap off turbo inlet?

I have the dual remote filters and turbo saver. There was a extra NPT plug so I added a mechanical gauge under the hood. Anywhere you can install a T should work.

Im a year late but im looking to do same thing, what was your solution did you tap off turbo inlet?

Thanks im planning for at the turbo inlet so i can have something small under the hood

Thanks im planning for at the turbo inlet so i can have something small under the hood

Also what gauge did you use?

I never found a T-with the correct threads, but that is where I was going to install it also.

Last edited:
Tap into where the oil pressure sensor is. Put a T there. 1/8 pipe thread.

Back