You can type here any text you want

Meet, Cruise, Show, etc KY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
There is a huge car show in Somerset today and tomorrow (Saturday) starting at 2PM. I was wondering if there was any interest in getting together a flock of Turbo Buicks somewhere in the London area and then Cruising to Somerset (I think it's about a 20 minute trip).

Maybe we could all park together and represent the Turbo Buicks as all I've seen out here is Mustangs and Camaros. At the show I went to in London it was only little old me...:)
Anyway, I figured we might hang out and BS a little.

It'll give us all an opportunity to meet up and get the cars out for a nice drive.

Post up!!!

i am working today till 5pm and tomorrow till 4pm. if my trans wasn't tore up i'd like to ride up tomorrow. i could maybe trailor it up and cruise a lil bit. i'd hate for anyone to see my car without a front bumper though.(being painted). oh well, i'll probably cruise up next month either the 26th or 27th.

No problem.

I'm gonna try and make it out there if there's no rain. I'd like to see what the locals are running.

turbo39151, did you get to go check it out? What did you think of the scene? With the Good Guys event going on in Nashville ('72 and older), was there a good turnout?

I'm going to try and get over that direction in probably September, once it cools down a bit. Before venturing too far from home, I need to get some new street shoes on the ride.

Yes I went. There was a decent turn-out. Mopars were featured. Even saw 2 new challenger SRT8's Not too shabby.

Mostly though, it was mustangs and camaros. Not a Buick to be seen. I did see one raggedy SS Monte but that was about as close as it got.

I think there's probably better selection at the London Cruise on Main which is next weekend.

BTW, it was mentioned that there is a street car only race somewhere out in London. I think it is a town sanctioned race at an old airport... I'll see what I can find out.

I still would like to try and make it over for the Somerset car show and cruise, this fall. Maybe it's just to warm out for any area TR owners.

Did a quick search for NHRA tracks and turned up www.londondragway.com. That may help as far as the event you speak of.

There's another show this weekend July 5th (Small cruise show on Main Street In London) 2pm-9pm. Usually a pretty good turn out. Not as big as somerset but still ok.

Back