Mid-frame Turbo in a TTA

eop002

Curious if anyone out there is running a mid-frame turbo (i.e 42-76, HP 4576) in our cars. I know the compressor housing is larger and was wondering how well it would fit and the amount of custom fabrication required to make it fit.

Thoughts.
OP

I found an old picture. Dont know what to say. :eek:

Attachments

• BLACKTTA2.jpg
    BLACKTTA2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 210
Looks a bit on the radical side for a street car. Creative placement on the exhaust though. Was just curious if the larger turbo would fit with a more traditional exhaust routing.

Appreciate the pic.
Oscar

That was my old car. I had a PTE 70 with a 4 bolt tangential housing. I ran it with my 3" down pipe into the stock exhaust system. I just built a TTA with a PTE 76 GTQ with a 3 bolt turbine housing & 3" down pipe. There were no problems. I may have some pictures? We even ran a PTE70 on my Wife's Formula. We had a stock location stretch TTA intercooler with a 3" inlet & outlet. The car went 10.50s & She drove it to work.

Steve K.

There where some pictures of Grumpy's StageII motor sitting in his TTA with the turbo floating around. He was selling the headers some time ago.. so those pixs are floating on this forum.