Midnight MAdness Aug. 16th

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
It's that time of the month :D . Everyone looking to break their personal best will have 8 hours to do so. I made 7 passes last time and left at 12:30. Plenty of 10 second cars will be out in their quest for a 9 second pass. Everyone is welcome to come watch and race from 6pm to 2am @ Moroso Motorsports Park in West Palm.

Hopefully it doesn't rain.

So who's planning on Going?

:cool:

I will be there.

Midnight Madness is the new offical SFTBC club night. (I still have to update the web site).

Jorge and Alex, please call the club members and let them know. Also, please get their mailing address. Only a couple of guys are getting the emails, so we have to use snail mail also...

Do you guys have a special place you park?

Not really. The place really ain't that big. Just walk down the staging lane and you will see one of us. Just look for a GN/TR/TTA and ask for the turbo buick club guys.

What time does all this start Friday night and how do I find Moroso from Boca? I usually go up the turnpike or 95 to WPB but where do I go from Southern?

Terry (NOW officially living in Boca)

Track opens from 6pm to 2am.

Take 95 north to Blue Heron (Spell?) west. Go until that street ends and make a right. Go about 13 miles and Moroso will be on your right.

Hey Bobbie,
Sorry I didn't answer the e-mail BUT good news is that I'll probably be there tonight.
Look forward to seeing you. After all, I used to own most of the goodies on your car ha ha

Terry

Hola.

After work I need to take care of the wife (pregnant with twins) and my two sons.

I should be there around 9pm...

Good luck guys. Sounds like it should be a good turnout. Wish I could be there, but i'm flying out of town at 8pm.

I really wanted to show you guys how to run 10s on drag radials. ;)

Results

After fooling around the first two passes, someone got tired of my BS and knocked me out cold, riped the keys from my hand, jumped in my car and tuned it up and down 710. :D

Lets just say I was so rich that I droped 9psi of FP and went from 13.40 @ 102 to a 12.52 @ 109.xx with a 1.86 60'. My next pass, after a nice cool down, was my best pass of the night. I went 12.47 @ 111.51 with a terrible 1.94 60'. 10 PSi Launch :eek: :eek:

I had a great time and met a couple of real nice TR guys. It was great to see all the TR guys (4 cars) hanging out together and helping each other out.

Thanks Tino for the Tunning sesion and Laz, as always, with the expert advice.

Alex, thanks the helmet Bud. I will be buying myself a new one in the next few weeks. I really appreciate it man. :)

Bobby, Congrats on having the fastest ET for the sportsman. Thanks for the help too. I'm pretty sure Virginia weather will get you in the 10's for sure. Good luck and let us know.

:)

It was great to meet you guys. It was fun until they (1) called me to the timing tower?! :confused: Come to find out (like Alex said) they gave me a coupon to a place called Cybernation for having the quickest ET in the Sportsman class. :)

Air wise, everyone was saying that it was real bad, but compared to VA right now, the weather was much better! Without a doubt, more tuning is needed, but I'm just happy to have it back together and headed in the right direction.

Alex, I think I'll take your advice about Sunday. It may be too hot and I didn't realize that you didn't get slips on Sunday. I'd probably go, but having no slips does me no good...but the fun facctor would probably be worth it! :)

Terry, what happened, I was walking around looking for you?

Bobby

yeah, I'm weak...I couldn't make it...

Great pass Jorge! Dropped a full second. Ask your buddy to knock me out to...;)

What is going on on Sunday?

Bobby,

Sounds like you had your beast running great - congrats.

I was planning on coming up but I had been trimming up some areca palms and a spider or something must have bit me on the foot. It waws swollen up past tha ankle and I souldn't walk. So I took Benadrill, several Tylenol and a glass of wine and I was out like a light.

Sorry man - I'd have loved to finally meet you,
PLEASE keep in touch.

I plan on getting my GN over here Labor Day weekend. Then I have to get my problems fixed.

Take care and keep in touch

Terry

Sounds like you guys had a good time ....As for us we went to Bradington and got rained out :(
But the good thing about the visit there is that the management is willing to help us with a possable large and yearly Buick event
starting with the "stock block 9sec challange" I will keep the board posted.
Total support has been given by "SE Turbo , J Cotton , CAS"
also Hartline Performance and Victory transmission and Mike Sorvino "TurboBuicks.com" others to come.

Jesse :cool:

My brother was there. He told me this afternoon he saw a whole mess of GNs running. He was in the green '99 GTP. Kinda nifty.