You can type here any text you want

Midwest Buick challenge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Then there is the link to the event site.

BMWC

Hopefuly I will have two cars there also.

MJH

Wow, it's only two weeks away - time is really flying! Please see chicagolandbuick.org for details.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

ShariB

And Mark - two cars?

Yep the GN was on the road tonight.
But there is another oil leak that has to be tracked down b4 I drive it again.

What are the hours for this event? What kind of format is it? Is there going to be a manufacturer's midway? How about a swap meet? This'll be my first big (?) Buick event so I don't know what to expect. Is it like Super Chevy that happened at Rt. 66 a couple of weeks ago? Or comparable to World Ford Challenge? Thanks in advance...

BTW, can my GTP run? It's got a 3.8 Buick V6 in it.

Hmmm, maybe, just maybe, there is a link to the website with information about this event somewhere....
Try starting at the top.:D

Quit screaming WOLF! There is only a 20% chance tonight, it is looking like a 50/50 chance for Saturday and just a 30% chance on Sunday. It's the Midwest...the weather is always changing.

If it rains a little, we wait for it to dry up, then we race again.

Yeah I know... wolf wolf wolf!

I just heard the forecast on the radio this morning and I was like "it figures". Past 2 weeks with barely a sprinkle, but now when it really matters!!:)

now the real question: Do I really care if my garage queen gets a little wet???

It depends on who's forcast you listen to. Not to mention how accurate they can be. When we were in BG, if you looked at the weather channel, we were supposed to be wet most of the week. Instead, we only had to deal with it on Saturday.

Tom Skilling said that it was more possible for Saturday evening and Sunday morning. And all of them have said that it's sporadic.

Harry has said that if it rains Saturday afternoon, and the track closes (takes a monsoon for that to happen) that we're moving the Cajun cook and ourselves over to his shop. This should be a monster bench racing session. Hmmm. Must pick up beer....

All I can tell you, Steve, is to take a chance. I know that we'll be there.....

ShariB

Originally posted by Scott231
Hmmm, maybe, just maybe, there is a link to the website with information about this event somewhere....
Try starting at the top.:D

Thanks a lot. My internet connection's messed up and links don't work for me. Can anyone answer my question?

Here ya go Trymy231s :

US 41 Dragway – Morocco, Indiana
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – September 12, 13 & 14th, 2003.
Chicagoland and Indiana Chapters of the GSCA are promoting our 6 th annual event for Buick Fans.

Friday
Sept. 13
Racers may join the normal schedule program offered by US 41 Int’l Dragway
Hours are from 5:00 pm until 10:30 pm with an admittance fee of $25.00 for car & driver.
Street Car Chaos a Street Racing program is held from 6:00 pm until 1:00 am
Vendors, car trailers and tents may be setup / Camping Overnight is encouraged

Saturday
Sept. 14
Gates open at 8:00 am with test and tune (all makes and models) starting at 9:00 am
Vending and swap meet area open from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm
Turbo Street Machine qualifying,
Indiana Chapter GSCA will sponsor the car show from 10:30 am until 2:00 pm.
TSM heads up eliminations at 2:00 pm / racer meeting at 1:30 pm
All Buick Car Show awards presented at 3:00 pm. Cajun Cook available all day J
Racers may continue test & tune until 10:30 pm or participate in US 41’s program.
Camping Overnight is encouraged!

Sunday
Sept 15
Gates open at 8:00 am with test and tune starting at 9:00 am until 12:00 noon
Vending and swap meet area open at 9:00 am.
Cajun Cook available all day J
Registration for Super 8 brackets close at 12:00 noon, Hospitality Tent.
Racer’s Meeting @ 12:30 Hospitality Tent…Race Elimination starts at 1:00 pm
Car show classes include: GS & Skylark, Turbo Regal, Modified Buick, General Buick and Peoples Choice.
IHRA Rules will apply. Saturday test and tune participation is open to all make and models.
Over $5,000 in prizes was passed out to the winners 5 last years. Race Entries may only be Buick powered.
TSM
Super 8 / 16
Buick V6
Super 8 / 16
Buick V8
Bracket 1
(11.99 & less)
Bracket 2
(12.00 to 12.99)
Bracket 3
(13.00 to 16.00)
TSM (Scott Simpson and Lonnie Diers) class is part of a race series that includes races at Bradenton, FL;
Norwalk, OH; GS Nationals, Midwest Buick Challenge and Reynolds, GA. Class rules are on the GSCA web site,
or the respective web sites listed below. Super 8 Turbo Min. 10:50 sec. Super 8 V8 Min. 11:50.
No pre-registration necessary. Daily fees are:
Spectator Gate
$10.00 per person each day…Sponsors Complementary entry.
; $5.00 per child under 12, each day.
Racer Gate: (Friday) < $20.00 Friday night, which includes the car and driver only
Racer Gate: (Saturday & Sunday) > $35.00 each day including a car, driver and one spectator
Super 16 < $50.00 entry fee above Gate Fee. Those not qualifying may run in Bracket I.
Car Show > $5.00 entry fee
Swap Meet & Car Corral < Free for venders selling used parts
Vending areas: > $25.00 for Commercial Space, free for swap meet sellers
For more details go to http://www.chicagolandbuick.org
TSM Information: http://www.gnttype.org/tsm/ MwBC flier ver. 1.2bwr

well it's raining right now...i am not going to show up tonight (friday night)...

i am gonna try and show up tomorrow if it doesn't rain...i just put in my new trans and it shifts AWESOME:D

We are down here now and no rain this morning, yet. I'll bring the puter to the track and keep everyone posted.

MJH

Back