You can type here any text you want

Milestone

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
250K miles. :cool:
And of course blew a brake line turning onto my side street at exactly 250K, I made the last .4 with no issues, then again I drove over 100 miles twice from Lebanon Valley Raceway with blown rear lines in the WE4. Guess I will do some stainless line repairs before I clean up the dirt around the dash bezel.... :rolleyes: Get out there and drive, the Wallingford Walmart was packed, but the pizza place, Minervini's was empty. :)

20220422_153715.jpg

20220422_153724.jpg

How can you tell a true driver?
It's not the brake pedal wear... ;)
Yeah those two masks have been in the car since 2020, KN1 I believe. :p
20201209_092800.jpg

They always leak right at the damm clamps. :mad:
Best tools I bought for this thing in 3/16" and 1/4", small and easy to use under the car.
Even flared the stainless line I forgot no longer had the factory metric fitting since the line for the rear that used to go out of the master cylinder now goes through a Baer proportioning valve which is a standard 1/4" brake nut fitting. Wasted the stainless line in the repair, I shoulda just bent one out of 24" - 30" 1/4" off the shelf line.
4 Aleve later and I'm good. :rolleyes: And that clamp isn't going back on either.
20220423_160816.jpg

20220423_160052.jpg

I know that, but two do. ;) o_O
Actually it was the wear on the gray naugahyde armrest that I was trying to point out, I've totally worn out a lot of aftermarket parts on this car, you should see my Baer brakes and HR parts control arms and swaybar. :oops:
Damm chemicals they use today really corrode everything. :(
Hopefully I can bleed the lines tomorrow and go for a drive. :cool:

They use some sort of liquid brine up here on the roads during the winter months. I trade in my DD truck every year or two for a reason.

I'm poor I drive an '87 Buick. ;) o_O :cool:
I am going to think about a 2023 Subaru WRX they may have perfected their CVT for it, they have a computer controlled heavy duty rubber band now.
If they made a hatchback version I would order one today, you don't lose much off the lot right now.

No, but we probably should, this car is too rotted to save anyway but there's a few good parts still left on it. :)

Back