You can type here any text you want

Mismatched intake head alignment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is why the guys that are truly in the know... will require the heads , intake, gaskets .. PRIOR to even touching any of the ports ...
and because of this methodology the results speak for themselves
Bo is in the Know. Had a part fail. No reason not to run his parts the way they are. Can easily be fixed, but they're going to be fine...

If I could say something here fellows, All of you are right, its not a big deal that the intake will not match up to the heads, as long as the intake is smaller all the way around the port entrance. Just remember this though, doesn't matter what the heads flow or what kind of power they should make, the intake is now the restriction, which will determine how much airflow the engine can injest and what rpm the engine can turn.If one of them is smaller or flows less air than the other one that's the restriction, they are a team and should flow togother as a team.

I'll give you my experiencce with intake missmatch. First year i ran TSE at BG you had to run stock intake with no welding allowed. I ran an on center stage II with stock intake port matched as close as possible. Combo was 3.875 bore 3.40" stroke GN 1 small valve heads, stock intake 62mm throttle body,V2 intercooler, 76HPQ 3600 pounds, best et 9.27 .
Next year the Champion intake was allowed. New combo 3.900" bore 3.625 " stroke, ported Champion race intake, 70 mm TB , Big valve TA heads V1 intercooler, same turbo, cam , and weight. Best et with 20 more cubic inches, bigger intercooler, better heads, and perfectly port matched intake 9.27.

Back