You can type here any text you want

Mod, Please delete.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
the current TR6 software decodes the cam sensor based on stock specs, i.e. the cam sensor pulse straddles the falling edge of the #1 crank sensor pulse.

The impact of the cam sensor "adjustment" has always been a topic of "controversy", lots of opinions, no data. My opinion is that it has no impact other than identifying which cylinder is which. If there is data to prove otherwise I have never seen it.

so, how far out of spec do we want to be able to decode as 'valid' vs considering it invalid and detecting a problem. Would we want to still allow the engine to start, but blink a trouble code?

B

Apologies Bob.
Already deleted the post and updated the title.

the current TR6 software decodes the cam sensor based on stock specs, i.e. the cam sensor pulse straddles the falling edge of the #1 crank sensor pulse.

The impact of the cam sensor "adjustment" has always been a topic of "controversy", lots of opinions, no data. My opinion is that it has no impact other than identifying which cylinder is which. If there is data to prove otherwise I have never seen it.

so, how far out of spec do we want to be able to decode as 'valid' vs considering it invalid and detecting a problem. Would we want to still allow the engine to start, but blink a trouble code?

B
Bob, can the program allow one of the config switches be used to eliminate the CS input for diagnostic purpose?

Example: turn config #X to "On" to start the engine in batch fire mode, without cam sensor signal.

not so much the config switches, but the modes could be set up for that.

I try to make as much stuff automatic as possible, since most people don't carry the manual with them.

Bob

not so much the config switches, but the modes could be set up for that.

I try to make as much stuff automatic as possible, since most people don't carry the manual with them.

Bob

Lol... I downloaded and keep a pdf copy on my phone for troubleshooting on the road [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back