You can type here any text you want

Modded ECM - run low and high imp injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
I saw a post by TurboBob offering modded ECM's so you can run low imp injectors. Someone asked if you could run BOTH low OR high imp injectors and he said YES. Is this correct?
Over 15 years ago I upgraded to 55's and had my ECM modded by someone on the board. Large high imp injectors were not available back then so had to do that. NOW I have outgrown the 55's and want to go bigger but now there are large high imp injectors available BUT I figured I would have to go back to a stock ECM.
Then I saw his replay so can I really run high OR low imp injectors with an ECM modded for lows? I think they call them Peak & Hold drivers?
ALso, does this make a difference in the chip other than changing it for the larger size injectors?
Thanks

subscribed......

I did the exact same thing years ago modded ECM for 55's I am not out of injector at the boost level I am currently running but with the addition of a PL,wideband and other items I want to start turning up the wick and I believe I will be out of injector real fast so I need to plan for this.

A modded ecm will run both low and high impedance injectors.

As far as I know there is no difference in the chip.

HTH

Good question.

This makes sense. To run low impedance injectors, the injector drivers need to be able to handle a higher amperage load. High impedance injectors require less amperage.

With low impedance injectors, amperage at the injectors has to be limited somehow. As far as I know there are two strategies for limiting current: peak and hold using pulse width modulation (software?), or resistors. With the TurboBob modified ECM, does anyone know which strategy is used? Then what changes need to be made if high impedance injectors are to be used?

Back