You can type here any text you want

Modify 109 Block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I agree that the head bolt rule is a grey area. I disagree that the block can be legally modified. The 2003 rules are final and cannot be changed (note: All changes were discussed, in detail, in the TSM forum over at http://www.gnttype.org/index1.html, no other changes to the 2002 rules exist.)

If you weld, cold weld epoxy, puttying, etc. any factory stock appearing part, it is illegal, unless specifically stated elsewhere in the rules allowing it. New parts are generally allowed only if made available to the public by December 1st of the year prior to the year in question - standard GSCA rule on new parts. I don't think anybody has such a brace or bracket available yet to utilize extra head bolts.

The point is that any new product needs to be widely available to the public so as not to give any one racer (e.g. machinist) an unfair advantage. Advantages are a part of winning and/or racing...it is the fair vs. unfair part that is hard to define.:confused:

Let's see what happens. ;)

Back