Mom didn't make it.

Sincere Thanks

Guys, thanks so much for the support during this difficult time. Sorry if that sounded a little sappy. :eek: It has just been an emotional 24 hrs for my family and I. But I am glad that I was able to share it with all of you. This is a great community we have here, and even though I may have never met you in person, I consider all of you friends. Whether I am seeking advice on my GN or sharing a life story, this is a very comfortable place to hang out.

She was 63 years young. And we discovered an amazing, almost spooky thing....she passed on within 5 minutes of the time my sister Susan passed (in 1998), on a Sunday night. :eek: Wierd, but in a spiritual way, it makes sense.

Rather unfortunatly, I think she is already trying to send me a message. This afternoon I noticed a screw in the driver's side front tire of my daily driver (the Oldsmobile in my sig, it's her old car that she really liked). It has been in need of some maintenance for a while that I have been neglecting to take care of. I checked the tire pressure, it was down 5psi so I added some air to it and figured "I'll just keep checking it and plug it tomorrow morning, it'll be OK", and went over to my brother Mike's house. It got to snowing pretty bad so I headed home to my place. The car was handling like ass, it was all over the road and usually the car is unstoppable, even 6" deep in snow. Got out and the tire was so flat that the bead was unseated. :eek: Had to put on the mini-spare, in the middle of a snowstorm, at midnight. The spare had never been mounted before, nor had the jack ever been outside of its plastic mounting box in the trunk. The spare still had the original ink on the tread!

I just had to LOL when I could only think this was Mom trying to tell me "You had better care of my car!" :D

OK Mom, I get the hint, I will take better care of the 88! :D

Thanks again guys, and my sympathy certainly goes out to every one of you that have ever lost someone close to your heart.

Steve

Re: Sincere Thanks

Originally posted by Black Box
Sorry if that sounded a little sappy. :eek:

It did NOT sound sappy.

She was 63 years young. And we discovered an amazing, almost spooky thing....she passed on within 5 minutes of the time my sister Susan passed (in 1998), on a Sunday night. :eek: Wierd, but in a spiritual way, it makes sense

weird? Same thing happened to me. My wifes Grand Mom (93 years old, whome we were very close to and who ADORED our Son) got sick and fell into a coma. She lied like this for days.. She took her last breath and passed on my Sons Birthday. Time of death was EXACTLY the minute of his birth. 9:20 am.. Before she fell into the coma she kept asking about frankies Birthday coming up.. scarey huh

May God bless you and your family, my prayers will be with you now and always.Your mom is no longer suffering, now she with our almighty God where she is happy.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I went through the same thing 5 years ago, my Mom died of cancer. She was 57.

Things will get easier, you will never forget her, sounds like the world lost a great lady.

Our thoughts are with you.

Take care of the 88:)

Mark F.
87 GN 11.9 @ 115

My condolances to you and your family.It's never easy to lose a loved one but sometimes it's better to know they are resting in peace and are not suffering anymore.My friends dad had a 3 year battle with liver disease and cancer.To see how much pain he was in day to day was tougher to take than when it finally took him last summer.Your mother is in a better place now and I'm sure she is proud of you.Best wishes to you and the whole family.God Bless you all.

Sorry I have not been able to reply for a few days, it's been a little hectic getting things straightened out at home, mostly making sure Dad was OK, talking to relatives that came from far away to pay their respects, and seeing them off when they left for home.

Just wanted to say thanks once again for all your thoughts and prayers. :)

Steve