You can type here any text you want

Monsoon stereo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
A buddy of mine that works a the local car stereo hooked me up with a GM Monsoon stereo with an internal 100w amp.

Aside from mounting, that shouldn't be a problem, what is your opinon on this stereo? Is the stereo quality any good? I really don't want to go aftermarket with my GN. I would rather keep a semi stockt apperating radio in it.

Thanks in advance
FS

Several guys in here have done this swap & had good results. Try a search for Monsoon to get more info...

Heck I was a disbeliever at first, had the silly idea that they were 2 din not din & a half. DOH! ;)

Doug C.

Thanks for the reply.

I did a search and found some good info. Currently the stock only sounds good when I listen to an '80's radio station, kind of funny actually.

Because this isn't my daily driver I want to keep it somewhat stock looking. Anyway I was just wondering people's thought on the overall quality of this unit; and of course my stock speakers will be replaced as well.

I visited "AudioWizard's" web site and the detail that went into his stereo is awsome. I feel if i'm going to put a system in, i'm either going all out, or keep it stock. There's no in between.

:D

The late model Delco stereos are actually fairly good quality, about on par with your entry level offerings from Pioneer & Sony... I had the Monsoon system in my '98 Z28 & it sounded dang nice for a factory setup.

If you decide to just go with upgraded stock location speakers, I'd suggest Cerwin Vega or Pioneer. As for all out, I'm in the middle of upgrading my car's setup & went with Audiobahn speakers & HiFonics amps... after several hours of "intensive" online hunting ;) AND checking out several installs in g-body cars.

Doug C.

Monsoon is in and sounds waaay better then stock. Now I just need to get a decent set of 6x9's in the back. Thanks for all the help!

Oh yeah! It also has a CD player baby!

Back