You can type here any text you want

Moog spring lowering progress pictures

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

onefastgn

Here is some stock pictures of the Turbo-T with stock springs on 275-60-R15 on the rear height is 28 1/2 inch center of molding. The front are BF Goodrich 50's on 15's. Front height is 27 inch center of molding. Rims are all 15X8. I will post better pictures out side before doing the process this weekend. I plan to use 5658 in the front and 5413 on the rear, I will also be changing the front tires to fit better. Maybe some 205-70-R15

Attachments

• DSCN1039.JPG
    DSCN1039.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 458
  • DSCN1042.JPG
    DSCN1042.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCN1041.JPG
    DSCN1041.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCN1043.JPG
    DSCN1043.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 457
From experience,i installed the same springs with little to no effect on lowering my car.I plan on cutting the front springs and going with a smaller tires in a month or two and hopefully i can get it looking how i want.

From experience,i installed the same springs with little to no effect on lowering my car.I plan on cutting the front springs and going with a smaller tires in a month or two and hopefully i can get it looking how i want.
if i could send someone the pics of my car after the installation of the 5658 and 5413's you would definitely be able to tell the difference....mine has the stock GN wheels and the stance is perfect for me

if i could send someone the pics of my car after the installation of the 5658 and 5413's you would definitely be able to tell the difference....mine has the stock GN wheels and the stance is perfect for me
That's what i was hoping to hear. My friend Jeremy told me what size to get and I'm sure he knows what he talking about. Gods knows he has spent so much time on his, and he is kind of sick in the head when it comes to this kind of stuff.
1-CLN-GN If I'm not mistaken i heard that the reason yours did not come down was because you put bigger rims on which means you would have to have bigger tires and that would make a huge difference.. I could be wrong,but that's what i heard.:)

I took measurements with my old rim set up before and after and the front went up 1/4 of an inch.The rear stayed the same after it had time to settle.The front also came down after it settled but like i stated it was 1/4" taller than the stock springs.Guess the stock springs where already sagging lower than the new moog springs.
The new rim and tire combo is taller than the 18's but with smaller tires and cutting 1/2 coil off i hope to bring it down some.

Got the backs done today that's all the time i had before having to pick up my daughter....springs did not come into after 12:00 pm today. It already is 1/2 inch lower from 28 1/2 without any driving or settling yet. I hope it drops another 1/2 inch. I may not use the front springs until i know for sure the back is only dropping down to 27 1/2 inches., because the front is already at 27 inches, i like the look better so far. I will get pictures tomorrow after i install the front shocks and new front tires.

Looks good brotha! Let me know when you get those front tires off, they will make good rear tires for the Regal! Man that thing sure was 4x4ing. We'll get her dialed in. I still think you should change out the fronts. It's a good combo of springs.

Here is the results. New front tires 215-65-15 ( no new springs in front just stock springs ) Height is 27 1/4 inches
Rear with new springs Moog 5413. Rear tires 275-60-15 ET streets. Height is 27 3/4 inches
I have Summit shock front and rear 50/50 rear and 90/10's in front.

Attachments

• DSCN1052.JPG
    DSCN1052.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCN1055.JPG
    DSCN1055.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCN1054.JPG
    DSCN1054.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN1058.JPG
    DSCN1058.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 361
Wow, beautiful car! Stance looks good, especially the rear.
Thanks. I can't begin to tell you how much better it rides, I have a total of $314.45 in the front tires and springs combo and i could have taken off another $65.00 for the front springs that i didn't use yet. It should still come down a bit in the rear and that should make it real close to even all the way around.;)

I think it's because it cheaper and pretty easy to do. And you don't loose the stock ride feeling. I'm sure Jeremy will explain it better. It may be just personal preference I'm really not sure why, But what i do know is that i got what i wanted and did it all my self with no problems at all.:)

Drop spindles are great if you are using a quality spindle that hhelps our cars camber curve and bumpsteer issues. The ATS spindles are top notch. Problem is they are pricey. BellTech drop spindles are good for lowering but thats about it. Problem is the spindle shaft is just moved up 2" on the BellTechs. This only magnifies the fron end issues we have and gives the car a rough ride, hanlding problems, and clearence problems in the wheel wells. The top of the tire doesnt move inward much underload, it basically just moves straight up as our stockers do. You want the tire to stay flat on the ground under load (cornering). With springs, tall lower ball joints, or an ATS type spindle, everything in the front end is better corrected.

Car looks great Tony! I still think you need to bring that front end down some but your getting there man! No more 4x4!

Back