You can type here any text you want

More Powermaster Paranoia? Maybe/Maybe not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwall

OK - It was time to flush brakes. Actually it was overtime but anyway.

Front brakes looked good.
Rear cylinders leaking so:
• New Cylinders
• New Shoes
• Turned rear drums – checked & plenty left
• New hardware
• Flush & fill • Bleed system - followed directions

Now Powermaster seems to run as it should – no clicking sounds or wild ass abnormal whine (except when I first get out of bed each morning):(

Brakes work – seemingly good but brake light comes on longer than before and levels seem to get lower then come back up noticeably.

Problem or paranoia?
Bleed em again!
Ideas?
What did we miss?

Please explain exactly what this means: " and levels seem to get lower then come back up noticeably "

What levels, how low, how high, when do they go down, when do they come up, what part of the reservoir is this happening in?

Driver side went down then came back up. The whole system was bled again. Braking is now good with no hard pedal. However I have noticed the brake light flickered on briefly once or twice on an 80 mile trip. Much better than before new parts etc.

With the idea this thing is going to fail eventually I did some looking around. The whole deal Powermaster or the rebuild service I could not find. It used to be available? One story I got was Accumulator is not available.

What gives? Not worth any vendor or manufacturer's time?

Kirbans latest newsletter stated that most suppliers have no accumulators in stock but that Cardone will have them by mid October.

Anyone other than Cardone offering a rebuilt/replacement unit?

JayJ

I just rebuilt my master cyl with a kit from Karps power brakes in CA. Pedal feels like new and holds pressure for days.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks! did the kit have the 0-rings for the internal chamber also?

Jay J

Thanks X2! Good to know. I just bought everything for a vacuum conversion including the Caspers ported block for just over $215 if I remember right. If possible I did not want to use it as I wanted to keep the car original - its fairly low miles. Bob

It had every o ring and seal for a full rebuild. The internal parts that are aluminum are anodized so I was careful when cleaning them. I am very pleased with the results.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks Boost N! I went to a hose house and tried to put together my own set of the o-rings necessary to do the job. They were purple (don't know the composition, but they can live in brake fluid). Nice to know that you can get them all in a kit without having the hassle of measuring all of them.

Jay J

Back