You can type here any text you want

Morel lifter base almost touching lobe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

I got a roller cam kit with Morel lifters. I got a call today from my builder to come down and take a look. Looks damn close to me. Has anyone ever had problems with this? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• lifter.JPG
    lifter.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 118
What cam thrust setup is being used? There are ways to address the problem. If it's a ductile cam and new it's been machined wrong if the front of the block is untouched.

What cam thrust setup is being used? There are ways to address the problem. If it's a ductile cam and new it's been machined wrong if the front of the block is untouched.

The button isn't installed yet (assuming that's what your asking for). Stock thrust bearing. Timing chain is straight. It's a new ductile. Block is untouched. Is this a common problem?

I can't see the pic too well on my phone. Are all the lifters close to the adjacent lobes? You can rollerize the thrust surface with a sbc cam thrust bearing and cut the cam thrust in a lathe to get your cam to the correct depth. If it's too deep the cam sensor gear won't mesh properly with the drive gear on the cam.

I can't see the pic too well on my phone. Are all the lifters close to the adjacent lobes? You can rollerize the thrust surface with a sbc cam thrust bearing and cut the cam thrust in a lathe to get your cam to the correct depth. If it's too deep the cam sensor gear won't mesh properly with the drive gear on the cam.

Not all the lifters are that way. I only checked 1 and 6. I figured one was enough. I did a search and another member had a similar problem. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/roller-cam-lobe-interference-with-adjacent-lifters.306616/
Mine is a Comp cam and it looks like this was a problem with their first batch of ductile roller cams. That was 2 years ago. I guess I have the same problem. Hopefully the vendor can make good on this instead of me having to machine the thrust surface it even though sometimes you gotta do that.

Back