You can type here any text you want

Morel Lifter Pre-Load

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTipe

Snake Skinner
What is the recommended pre-load for the morel lifter? I hear 0.025 to 0.030 inch

Thanks for the feedback

What is the recommended pre-load for the morel lifter? I hear 0.025 to 0.030 inch

Thanks for the feedback
I tried .o3o on my morels and they were too noisy for my liking. 050 and everything is good. Car runs awesome

I have mine at 0.045" and they are quiet ... glad I made the swap from an old set of Johnson's...
John A, Turbohh

I have mine at 0.045" and they are quiet ... glad I made the swap from an old set of Johnson's...
John A, Turbohh
What pre-load did you use on the Johnson lifters? Do you have a part number for them?

I like to set the pre-load at .040 to .050 on the morels

What pre-load did you use on the Johnson lifters? Do you have a part number for them?

Sorry, Dave I don't know much about them ... I bought them in 2009 used from another board member (Ronnie aka TeamBanana), who switched over to solids for his race car. I ran up to 0.050" pre-load with them, and they were still noisy ... car sounded like a diesel, LOL. I PM'd Ronnie and he said he'd had quiet operation and used 0.040 to 0.50" pre-load as well. I bought them because Johnson's were supposed to be the old-school quiet, but these sure weren't. I didn't try and take them apart to see if maybe they had debris in them or something else preventing quiet operation. Ronnie said he'd had them past 6000-rpm before. PM me if you'd like to try them ... I won't be needing them. I have a set of Comp push-rods for steel heads and 1.60 roller rockers to go with them as well.
Sincerely,
john A, Turbohh

.050 seems to work well for most people
I'm using an austentemper 212/206, 111 at 1.6 rocker ratio. Spring load and cam ramp speed are definite factors. It would be interesting to see what cam and spring combos are in effect and compare to their lifter pre-load heights.

i went from 90Lb to 140lb seat pressure springs and 0.050 preload and gained no ET i added half a turn more preload and gained 0.5 seconds on ET.theres no be all and end all setting its worth experimenting a bit when it come to lifter preload or valve lash its easy to leave a lot of HP on the table

Back