You can type here any text you want

Morel roller lifter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1fastcobra

Any one know the part # by chance
I found the comp 885's. Just want something a bit quiter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You can find both the short travel and regular travel on Full Throttle Speed's website--don't know if it is the Morel number, or just the one they use...

Since all Morels are rebadged, there really isn't a retail part number for them.

885-12 is the Comp part # for a full set for a buick V6, but the number has been discontinued, so you can't buy directly from Comp. Jegs and Summit probably have some old stock. If I were to buy a set right now, I would get them from Full Throttle. Support the guys that support the Buick V6 with all the parts that no one else wants to stock.

Thanks for the replys
But as for fullthrottle
I've delt with then a few times
They tell u when u order yes we have them in stock . Then when u get your order most of its not there! !!!! Time and time again
I will not use them for anything any more

I've been doing research
The lunati and Howard's lifters
Both cross to the 853 comps and have the same specs
And are good to 6800 rpm

Thanks for the replys
But as for fullthrottle
I've delt with then a few times
They tell u when u order yes we have them in stock . Then when u get your order most of its not there! !!!! Time and time again
I will not use them for anything any more

That's because 90% of the time they drop-ship from other vendors and don't carry the part in inventory, saves $$ on shipping for them which means more $$ in their pocket, smart way to maximize profits. :)

That's because 90% of the time they drop-ship from other vendors and don't carry the part in inventory, saves $$ on shipping for them which means more $$ in their pocket, smart way to maximize profits. :)

Yes sir! !!!! And thats why never again.

I think thats alot of our vendors. I think in our small market its hard to stock everything hoping people will buy what you have in stock. I also believe its better to go to the source or the original manufacturer because they can.usually get you a bwtter deal or atleast give advice on your purchase.

When I did my cam swap w the noisey lifters I found out the company that made.them.also made other.brands. I dont know.which.ones but def do.your research..

I agree but tell the truth! !
Be up front . My last order from them a few years back. Before I could get the next part I needed out of my mouth they wanted that cc number asap .
I think if us as a small community . Would do more homework on our own and think outside the box for our parts
These venders could not gouge us as much as they do . Its just plain sad.

Call Weber they wil get you want you need and good shipping no issues. Thats where i got my Morels from and they work great.

Any one know the part # by chance
I found the comp 885's. Just want something a bit quiter.
What preload do you have on the 885's? Comps recommendation for preload is completely wrong.

I have a set of morels in stock if interested. If anyone wants 885's, I have stock, they are not discontinued, just not sold by comp anymore. Comp only makes camshafts, mostly everything else is made on the outside.

I have branded in my company name the old 853, 885 and a new lifter I asked for, a short travel 885. I also have mechanical drop in roller lifters with axle oiling as an option. The 885 has no changes made to it. The 853 now uses the 885 body and has a different check valve and piston.

Back