You can type here any text you want

Morel roller lifter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You are incorrect. The cold lash with an aluminum headed engine will be greater once its up to operating temp. Aluminum alloys expand at nearly twice the rate of ferrous metals. Therefore preload decreases and lash will increase. ...........

Just to verify what Bison stated, not that he needs to be verified, but when we use solid roller lifters in many of our performance engines cold lash is set at 0.014", it will then be about 0.018" when at operating temp with iron heads, and little more if aluminum. :)

I don't agree with you guys and that's all there is to it.

Although I will accept the solid roller explanation as I've never used them and they may not expand like other style lifters.

I'm getting sick of people trying to change the parameters on here. The OP was talking about hydraulic rollers and everyone wants to talk about everything but that.

You guys are smart and don't have to try to put others down to make yourselves look good. All the noobies already think your gods.

Fwiw the lifters in the vid are hyd roller lifters but are at lash at the end of the pass.

I don't agree with you guys and that's all there is to it...

Not agreeing doesn't change facts and science. When you think you know everything, you're incapable of learning anything. This is just like your magic torque converter. You can't post any facts or data; you simply "don't agree."

I spent about 10 years in an automotive engineering dyno facility and will say this as an example. A Cummins B engine for example will have a rated cold lash of .006-.015 intake and .015-.030 exhaust (taken from an internet search). For whatever reason I remember most having specification tags saying .010 intake and .012 exhaust but point being that these engine will run a zillion miles. Having very extensive instrumentation on the valves to sense motion, the only thing we could detect was valve pushback under power where the valve actually deflects and decreases lash and also some valve growth due to heat(and mostly on the exhaust valve). This is why you almost always see the lash spread the way we do.
So, an ISB engine with iron on iron with way more cylinder pressure can tolerate .006 cold lash than what does this tell you ?
AG.

I spent about 10 years in an automotive engineering dyno facility and will say this as an example. A Cummins B engine for example will have a rated cold lash of .006-.015 intake and .015-.030 exhaust (taken from an internet search). For whatever reason I remember most having specification tags saying .010 intake and .012 exhaust but point being that these engine will run a zillion miles. Having very extensive instrumentation on the valves to sense motion, the only thing we could detect was valve pushback under power where the valve actually deflects and decreases lash and also some valve growth due to heat(and mostly on the exhaust valve). This is why you almost always see the lash spread the way we do.
So, an ISB engine with iron on iron with way more cylinder pressure can tolerate .006 cold lash than what does this tell you ?
AG.

I'm unsure but would like to learn.

Back