You can type here any text you want

Moroso - Wednesday night - 3/1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jsta6

John 15:17
I am going to try to make it up there. Supposed to be no rain.

70 degrees at 6pm.
Sunset: 6:22 PM ET

As of now, 10:30pm Tuesday night, I am going.

I have not been to the track in exactly two years, so I am looking forward to it.

Look for the black car... :cool:

blackshoebox said:
so? how did it go?

Crappy. As usual. No worries though. I am going to win the lottery and build a track down here. Maybe an indoor one. :D

Anyway,

Tires are 255/40/17 Yokohama DR's. 25" tall.

First run:
tires set to 38psi, fair burnout, left with no boost, hooked OK, 2.0 60', car in OD, 23lbs boost, 12.8/108. O2's around 740. 4600RPM in fourth gear at the traps

Increased FP 1/4 turn.

Second run:
tires set to 28psi, not a good burnout, left with 5lbs boost, did not hook, had to pedal to the 330' mark and then I let off.

Third run:
tires set to 28psi, good burnout, left with no boost, hooked OK, 2.1 60', car in 3rd, 23lbs boost, 12.8/108. O2's around 730. 5450RPM in third at the traps.

Increased FP 1/4 turn.

A sportsman class driver looses his sh!t on the track and they take about 1hr to clean it.

Fourth run:
tires set to 28psi, good burnout, left with no boost, hooked, 2.2 60', car in 3rd, 23lbs boost, 13.0/108. O2's around 730-760. 5450RPM in third at the traps.

I had hooked up a switch to lock the TC, but I don't see it working. I tested it, and I know the switch is working but I don't see it in DS and I don't feel it.

I also noticed that DS has a setting for wheel height. I didn't set mine before I started and it was set to 26.1". My tires are 25" tall. Each run I did, DS said I had only gone 260'.

Basically, I need a taller, stickier tire.

How much timing you running? For that amount of boost, I would like atleast 23 degrees in 1st and 2nd, and maybe 21 in third. If you get a 275/60/15 MT drag radial that will solve most of you traction issues.

blackshoebox said:
How much timing you running? For that amount of boost, I would like atleast 23 degrees in 1st and 2nd, and maybe 21 in third. If you get a 275/60/15 MT drag radial that will solve most of you traction issues.

20*

You are right about the tires. We talked this up on the "other" board.

When is the next trip to Immokalee?

turbobuick1035 said:
I'm pretty sure i'll be out there... White 87 T

Matt or Steve,

Did you happen to catch one of my burnouts? I am trying to figure out if I am getting a good one...

Back