You can type here any text you want

Motor Build Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Hey Guys,

I am considering a new motor build for my TTA (acutally another motor, as I plan to pull my stock on and put it on a stand).

I have a basically new GN fully built 109 block that I am considering taking apart for parts. The reason I am not going to use the short block is that is was zero decked.

Now onto my first question. I have a set of .020 JE pistons in the GN motor. What do you guys think of using a used 109 block (assuming it was not decked) with GN JE forged pistons and TTA heads? I am planning to run RJC's steel headgasket kit. I don't mind if the motor is in the 9 to 1 cr, just don't want to go much higher than that?

I plan to run my GN rods, girdle, ARP bolts, ATR 214/210 billet roller. Then get another set of heads and have them cut for larger valves (have a set in the GN heads) and have them polished.

The GN motor has roughly 1000 (or less miles on it).

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Thanks

You could have the chambers on the TTA heads opened up a few cc's to help keep the compression down.

Jason

Another option is I believe Cometics makes much thicker head gaskets.

Shame to throw away all that machine work. Would appear cheaper to just get a new set of JE's made with a larger dish. And just swap pistons.

Thanks guys!

Razor, funny you mention that! I just noticed that John's Performance offersTTA JE .020 pistons. I think it would be better to use my motor with the new TTA JE's. The compression will be higher due to the zero deck, but it would be easier and better (I think) :)

Back