You can type here any text you want

Motor build questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lvnspeeed

My questions is pretaining to the prep of the build of a 109 motor. Block is already set up with billet caps,30 over, crank is 10/10, you get the point. My plan is to build the bottom end pout GN1's on, HYd roller,ported intake, 70mm turbo, looking to tun low tens.

Is there mods that should be done to either the block or the timming cover ?

Just my opinion if you want a low ten engine build it like a 9 sec one.
I would feel more comfortable with a girdle added at that power level. K1 rods, floating pin pistons.

By all means find a newer/less expensive way to go low 10's or high 9's, I think those able have already attempted it would have the most valuable knowledge needed, but I seriously doubt you want to hear the truth of cost effectiveness, speed cost money, these cars only multiply the inital investment.
Don't ever buy a Turbo Buick thinking it is "cheap/easy" to make a "Quick/Fast" car today(2010/2011), these cars are tempermental at best and very costly to maintain at the least, today it is more about brand loyality/repsect earned than latest/greatest land rocket.
The benefit to owning a Buick is to never having to appoligigise for owning the best, I know it's a boastfull statement, but it is true among car enthusists.
Buy one because it is a "Time Capsule", automotive history since 1984, hard to outrun that even with todays performance standards.

Good luck,

Kevin.

Just my opinion if you want a low ten engine build it like a 9 sec one.
I would feel more comfortable with a girdle added at that power level. K1 rods, floating pin pistons.

Yes I have floating pins. I also have polished and shot piened rods.

By all means find a newer/less expensive way to go low 10's or high 9's, I think those able have already attempted it would have the most valuable knowledge needed, but I seriously doubt you want to hear the truth of cost effectiveness, speed cost money, these cars only multiply the inital investment.
Don't ever buy a Turbo Buick thinking it is "cheap/easy" to make a "Quick/Fast" car today(2010/2011), these cars are tempermental at best and very costly to maintain at the least, today it is more about brand loyality/repsect earned than latest/greatest land rocket.
The benefit to owning a Buick is to never having to appoligigise for owning the best, I know it's a boastfull statement, but it is true among car enthusists.
Buy one because it is a "Time Capsule", automotive history since 1984, hard to outrun that even with todays performance standards.

Good luck,

Kevin.

I hear you thats why I am asking for advise.

That block is not 30 over, it's a 20 over block.
Still haven't received those paypal fees of $28 ????

Call a vendor that builds nine second motors. I have seen it done with 210,212, and 218 cams. DLS, Webber,RPE, and others have built fast motors.

You asked about the front cover, it should definitely be ported and smoothed. Do a search for "Earl Brown" or "front cover mods" and you will find all the info you need. The stock covers leave a lot to be desired and benefit from some work.

Thanks guys.

I found the Earl Brown Mod and I plan on doing it. On question that seems to go either way is High Volume pump or not? Where should I buy a new front cover?

HV pump is is not needed on a properly built motor & some claim they add extra wear. Build the motor to the right specs, do the Earl Brown mods to a good used GM cover with new gears if needed & away you go.

Back